ALLEGHENY  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Aspinwall NW corner of Eastern Avenue and Commercial Avenue
(GPS: 40.490120, -79.903538)
C Am. Legion ???? None Wood  
Boyce   1050 Boyce Road
(GPS: 40.318262,-80.113576)
P Business ???? Gone ????  
Bridgeville   Corner of Station and Railroad Streets
(GPS: 40.358096, -80.110749)
P Library 1870 In Use Wood
Bridgeville   Bower Hill Road at Railroad Street
(GPS: 40.359336, -80.109260)
F Business 1870 In Use Wood
Bruceton 1151 Railroad Street
(GPS: 40.318387, -79.978841)
C Vacant ???? In Use Wood  
Clairton   East side of State Street (PA837) north of St. Clair Avenue
(GPS: 40.293341, -79.874033)
F Business ???? In Use Brick  
Coraopolis Mill Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues
(GPS: 40.518938,-80.163825)
P Vacant 1879 In Use Brick  
Coraopolis   Mill Street between 3rd and 4th Avenues
(GPS: 40.519158,-80.164447)
F Business 1879 In Use Brick  
Curtisville Along the east side of the tracks about 600 feet north of Benjamin Street
(GPS: 40.636162, -79.839325)
C Vacant ???? In Use Wood
Edgewood   101 East Swissvale
(GPS: 40.433395, -79.884846)
P Business ???? In Use Wood  
Edgeworth
(SHIELDS)
SW end of Chruch Lane above Ohio River Boulevard (PA 65).
(GPS: 40.553282,-80.201451)
P Residence ???? None Wood
Elizabeth   Eastern corner of South 1st Avenue and Plum Street
(GPS: 40.272618, -79.887630)
P Vacant 1889 In Use Wood  
Glassport 6th Street & Allegheny Avenue
(GPS: 40.325761, -79.893621)
P Vacant ???? In Use Brick  
Glassport Oak Way near 3rd Street
(GPS: 40.331365, -79.893060)
F Business ???? Gone Brick  
Glen Osborne
(Osburn)
1105 Ohio River Boulevard, Sewickley
(GPS: 40.531869, -80.174283)
P Residence 1896 Gone Wood
Homestead   East 5th & East 6th Streets at Amity Street.
(GPS: 40.407998,-79.9124)
C Civic 1908 In Use Brick  
Ingram   2725 Center Street at East Prospect Avenue
(GPS: 40.444524, -80.065602)
P Business ???? Gone Brick
Leetsdale   99 Ohio River Boulevard
(GPS: 40.563549,-80.208703)
P Business ???? In Use Block  
Library East side of Pleasant Street about 70 yards north of the tracks.
(GPS: 40.288070, -80.022431)
F ???? ???? Gone Brick  
Montour Junction
AND
In Coraopolis at northern corner of Montour Street and 4th Avenue at the back of the lot.
(GPS: 40.515341,-80.15463)
C Business ???? In Use Wood  
Neville Is. Neville road just NW of Grand Avenue (GPS: 40.503021, -80.103168). F ???? ???? In Use Wood  
Pittsburgh   11th Street, Grant Street and Liberty Avenue
(GPS: 40.444116, -79.992398)
P Apartments 1901 In Use Brick  
Pittsburgh   Carson Street at Smithfield Street Bridge
(GPS: 40.433407, -80.003773)
C Businesses 1901 In Use Stone
Sewickley   Chadwick Street just SE of the Sewickley Bridge
(GPS: 40.534604, -80.185595)
P Business 1929 In Use Brick  
Sewickley 20 Chadwick Street
(GPS: 40.541131, -80.191989)
P Civic 1887 In Use Wood  
Tarentum   East 6th Avenue and Lock Street
(GPS: 40.602652, -79.753475)
P Restaurant 1892 In Use Brick
Versailles   Juniper and 1st Streets
(GPS: 40.317952,-79.837212)
P Railroad ???? In Use Wood  
Wilkinsburg   Hay Street at Sawyer Way
(GPS: 40.443372, -79.886663)
P Vacant 1916 In Use Brick  
Woodville 385 Old Washington Pike off Old Bower Hill Road
(GPS: 40.383028, -80.090892)
P Residence ???? In Use Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Agnew Station This early station on the line (as shown on the 1876 maps) was between Haysville and Glenfield in Aleppo Township. It was located approximately at the GPS coordinates: 40.522763,-80.148826.
Allegheny City This station was near the corner of Stockton and Federal Streets (GPS: 40.449874,-80.005008). This was the original Panhandle station here. It was demolished to make way for the new station in 1905.
Allegheny City This was a temporary station constructed in 1905 to serve for approximately a year and a half while the new station was being built. It was directly behind the site of the new station and was demolished when the new station opened..
Allegheny City   This station was near the corner of Stockton and Federal Streets (GPS: 40.449874,-80.005008). This was the second station at this location replacing the smaller original Panhandle station (see above) and the original Western Pennsylvania station which was across the tracks to the SE (see below). It opened in 1907 and was torn down in 1955.
Allegheny City There was a large freight house near the corner of Brighton and West North Avenue (GPS: 40.454613,-80.015504).
Allegheny City The original WPRR station here was on the east side of Federal Street north of Lacock Street (GPS: 40.449505,-80.004284). It was gone by the early 1900s.
Allegheny City
(Chestnut St. Sta.)
This station was at the corner of Chestnut and South Canal Streets (GPS: 40.453732,-79.993435).
Allegheny City There was a freight house on the SE corner of Anderson and Church (now Stockton/Canal) Streets (GPS: 40.450599,-80.000821).
Allegheny City The passenger station was along the river between Answerson and Sandusky Streets on the north side of the tracks. It was just to the SE of the freight house (see below) and closer to Anderson Street than Sandusky Street (GPS: 40.447761,-80.000711).
Allegheny City The P&W freight house was on Isabella Street between Sandusky and Anderson Streets (GPS: 40.447947,-80.001508).
Allegheny City There was a Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh freight station between Darrah and Balkam Streets. These streets are now gone as this is the site of PNC Park. This station is shown on the 1901 map of the city (GPS: 40.447037,-80.005875).
Alpsville This station was on the NE end of Coulter near where there used to be an Orphan Asylum (east of the old Catholic church). This location is north of the end of Tourman Street (GPS: 40.30579,-79.795375). The station was on the north side of the tracks.
Arlington This station served the Arlington Camp Meeting Grounds. It was in the vicinity of Cooke Lane in NW Castle Shannon (GPS: 40.369803,-80.032847).
Arlington
(Sturgeon)
This station was later known as Sturgeon, but is shown as Arlington on the 1876 map.
Armstrong Station This station was located on Allegheny River Boulevard approximately at GPS: 40.491446,-79.848901. There was a spur here that ran NE to the M. Graver Coal Company which had its own short line RR with tunnels that ran east into some mines (see 1886 maps).
Aspinwall The first station here was on the corner of Eastern Avenue and Freeport Road. It was a combination station and post office (GPS:40.489619,-79.903637).
Avalon
(Birmingham)
Originally known as Birmingham Station (and later as Avalon), the first station here was on the west side of South Birmingham Avenue on the north side of the tracks (the original rail line was where Ohio River Boulevard is today). Oddly, there were other Birmingham stations in Pittsburgh (see listing below).
Avalon This station was near the end of South Birmingham Avenue (GPS: 40.498716,-80.072211).
Bakerstown The original stations on this P&W line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Baldwin This station was on East Carson Street (PA-837) south of Beck's Run Road (GPS: 40.404681,-79.953496).
Bell Station This station was near the corner of Boggstown and Sylvania Avenues (GPS: 40.416069,-80.009968).
Belle Bridge This station was near where Belle Bridge Road intersects with Glassport-Elizabeth Road.
Bellevue This station was first known as Neville Station. When the name was changed to Bellevue, the next station to the west was changed from Bellevue to West Bellevue (see below). This station was at the end of Spring Avenue.
Bellevue
(West Bellevue)
This station was known first as Bellevue Station (see above). It was located on the west side of where Bellevue Creek empties into the Ohio River. There used to be a road to this location (Bellevue Road) that is no longer there (GPS: 40.49294,-80.064331).
Ben Avon
(Laurel)
The original station here was on the west side of Spruce Run Road just north of Ohio River Road (which used to be the original rail bed). The final station here was closed in the 1950s. The town was originally called Laurel.
BENNETT
(MILLVALE)
This combination station was at Grant & Evergreen Avenues.
Bennett
(Millvale)
This station was to the NE of the NW end of the 43rd Street Bridge (now gone). It sat at approximately GPS: 40.47704,-79.968104. In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
Bennett
(MILLVALE)
This station was near the NW end of the 43rd Street Bridge (now gone). It sat approximately at GPS: 40.476587,-79.968844.
Benvenue Station
(Millvale)
This station was at the south end of Mathilda Street (when it used to go all the way to the tracks) (GPS: 40.457291,-79.949001). The name of the station was changed from Millvale to Benvenue around 1888.
Bessemer This station was south of the intersection of Bell Avenue and Keller Road (GPS: 40.396846,-79.852377).
Birmingham The 1886 Hopkins map shows a "Birmingham" station located on the SW side of Carson Avenue at the south end of Smithfield Street.
Birmingham This station was adjacent to the property owned by Captain Birmingham at the Ohio River and Birmingham Avenue.
Birmingham This station was in the vicinity of Stevenson Street and Second Avenue east of the main B&O station at Smithfield and Water Streets.
Birmingham Most likely this photo is of one of the Birmingham stations listed above, but I don't know which one. Please email me if you have an idea. My guess from the building type is the B&O station listed above.
Blythesdale This station was in the vicinity of Parkview Street (GPS: 40.245946,-79.802472).
Boston This station was on the NE side of Donner Street on the SE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.31099,-79.827288).
Bouquet This station was between Glassmere and Springdale.
Bower Hill  
Bowerstown Station In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
Boyd Station This station was between the Wildwood and Sandy Creek stations at approximately GPS: 40.483572,-79.865284. There was a small town or neighborhood platted here at one time and a station was built, but it never took off or died after a short time.
Braddock This station was originally called Braddock's Field Station (see 1876 map). It was located on the SE side of Library Street/Jones Avenue on the NE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.402359,-79.864047).
Brackenridge  
Braddock
(Copeland Sta.)
This combination station was on Ajax Street in Braddock. In a 1893 the station was referenced in the PA Supreme Court case of Pennsylvania Railroad vs. Braddock Electric Railroad Co. (152 Pa. St 116). The PA Supreme Court denied Braddock's request for a gradecrossing at Copeland Station because it posed great danger since 200 Pennsy trains passed it from 6:00 a.m. to midnight.
Braddock This station was on the north corner of 9th Street and Halket Avenue (GPS: 40.399538,-79.864946).
Braddock
(Mills Station)
This station was on the north corner of 4th Street and Halket Avenue (GPS: 40.404731,-79.872171).
Braddock This station was on the SE side of 8th Street (GPS: 40.399007,-79.869141).
Bridgeville This station was on the north side of Murray Avenue on the SE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.360713,-80.112755).
Brightwood  
Brilliant Station This station was at the north end of Washington Boulevard (formerly River Road) near where the old City Waterworks used to be (GPS: 40.484804,-79.907792).
Brinton's Station
(E. Pittsburgh)
This station was about 1/3 mile SW of the East Pittsburgh Station. It was near where East Pittsburgh and McKeesport Boulvard crosses the tracks before crossing Turtle Creek (GPS: 40.393704,-79.835313).
Brookville
Station
In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
Brown's Station This station was in the vicinity of where Brown's Hill Road crosses over the tracks to the Homestead Grays Bridge (GPS: 40.411911,-79.920524).
Brownsdale This station was between the Monongahela station and the Elkhorn station. It was off Bunola Road. There is nothing left there today, but at one time this station served the W.H. Brown Coal Company (which also had a location at Elkhorn) and there was a ferry across the river there. It was approximately around GPS: 40.210229,-79.935365).
Brushton This station was on the west side of North Braddock Avenue at approximately GPS: 40.45067,-79.893002.
Bryant The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Buena Vista
(N. Buena Vista)
This station was at the east end of Wood Street (GPS: 40.277267,-79.798175). This was the North Buena Vista Station.
Buena Vista This station was on the east side of Industry Road at McCorkle Court (40.272394,-79.797446).
Bunola This station was in the vicinity of Church Hollow Road and Bunola Road. The tracks used to have a siding that ran up close to this intersection (see 1900 map) (GPS: 40.238146,-79.947145).
Butler Junction   This station sat just over the Butler county line in Allegheny County near Freeport.
Camden This station was along Clariton-Dravosburg Road (PA837) between Curry Hollow Road and Lebanon School Road (GPS: 40.338743,-79.894874).
Carnegie   Passenger station. The station was demolished to build the Mansfield Boulevard/West Main Street/Kinney Street intersection in the late 1960s. It was located at GPS: 40.406172,-80.08986.
Carnegie Freight station.
Carnegie
(Mansfield)
This station sat near 1st Street and East Railroad Street (GPS: 40.393475,-80.087661) in what is now the Heidelberg neighborhood.
Carnegie
(N. Mansfield)
This station, called "North Mansfield" on old maps, was in the area of West Main Street just east of I-79 in the NW corner of what is now the Heidelberg neighborhood.
Carnegie This station was at the corner of Mary Street and Mansfield Boulevard (formerly Jane Street) (GPS: 40.408374,-80.087666).
Castle Shannon This station was on Willow Avenue between Poplar Avenue and Shady Lane (GPS: 40.365575,-80.023945).
Caughey Station This station was on the south side of Harrison Street on the west side of the tracks in Glassport (GPS: 40.336895,-79.891052).
Cheswick Station was on Pittsburgh Street (Old Route 28) at Low Grade Road intersection. Demolished in late 1980s.
City Farm Station This station was in North Homestead on the B&O line along the river. There are no roads to the exact location anymore, but it was a bit SE of the intersection of Pocono and Church Streets (GPS: 40.417588,-79.896966).
City Farm Station Maps from 1900 also show another "City Farm Station" in Homestead. Although the specific location of the station building is not clear on the map, it appears to be in the vicinity of GPS: 40.411348,-79.903114 on the west side of the old Carnegie Steel Mill. There was a street here that ran north/south approximately extending north from where Library Place is today. That was called "City Farm Street."
Claremont
(Warner)
This station was on the east side of Fairview Avenue on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 40.490304,-79.862731). This station served the old Allegheny County Workhouse and Poorhouse.
Clariton Before this location became known as Clariton, the original station here was known as Wylie's Station.
Clifton Station
(Emsworth)
  This was a later addition to the line as maps from 1876 do not show this station. It was located near the end of Maple Avenue.
Coaldale The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Coal Valley This station was at the east end of Coal Valley Road (GPS: 40.318811,-79.898586).
Coal Works Station This station was south of Unity.
Cochran
Station
This station was along where South Duquesne Avenue is today at approximately GPS: 40.376988,-79.84726.
Coleman Station This station was on Allegheny River Boulevard to the NE of the VA Hospital. It was near the mouth of Shades Run.
Colfax Station This station was in the vicinity of Colfax Street in Springdale (GPS: 40.536422,-79.784024).
Colon Station This station was in the vicinity of Freeport Road (Old 28) and the New Kensington Bridge (GPS: 40.562949,-79.773788).
Cooley This station was in the vicinity of Killarney Drive (GPS: 40.374542,-80.006966).
Copper Works Station This station was on the corner of Second Avenue and Murphy Street (now gone) on the north side of the tracks. It was located approximately at GPS: 40.434928,-79.966832.
Coraopolis
(Middletown)
Before the existing station was built, there was an earlier station here as shown on maps from 1876.
Corliss
(Sheridan)
Originally called Sheridan Station, the Corliss PRR station was on the east side of Chartiers Avenue on the north side of the tracks (now the busway) (GPS: 40.452934,-80.054168). The station was demolished to make way for the busway.
Coulter
(Coultersville)
This station was just south of 5th Street at Railroad and Depot Streets (GPS: 40.29778,-79.804768).
Coursin This station was near where Coursin Road intersects with Glassport-Elizabeth Road.
Crafton This station was on the north side of West Crafton Avenue on the west side of the tracks (now the busway) (GPS: 40.436175,-80.067705).
Creighton  
Dallas Station This station was on North Dallas Avenue (PA380) in Homewood (GPS: 40.455266,-79.905378).
Davis Island Station  
Denny This station was between Cheswick and Harmarville.
Dixmont   This station was for Dixmont State Hospital. It was torn down in the mid-50s during the widening of PA 65. It was located at approximately: 40.514386,-80.114139.
Douglass This station was only about 500 yards south of the Blythedale station. It was on the NE side of the trestle that crossed Douglass Run (GPS: 40.24265,-79.805803).
Dravo Station This station was near the NE end of Henderson Road (GPS: 40.288946,-79.778429). The small town that was here is gone save for Dravo Cemetery.
Dravosburg According to the 1876 map, the original Pittsburgh, Virginia & Charleston RR (later PRR) station was near where Grant Street used to cross the tracks. It was located at approximately GPS: 40.351511,-79.885256.
Dravosburg This station was located on McClure Street and was torn down in the 1970s.
Duff's Station  
Duncan This station was located at approximately GPS: 40.292064,-79.800546.
East carnegie  
East Liberty   Demolished 1963. Now the site of a shopping center on Penn Avenue. The station was where Station Street used to cross the tracks at approximately GPS: 40.459903,-79.91851.
East Liberty
(5th Ave. Station)
This station was on the west side of 5th Street (GPS: 40.45685,-79.909669). There was also a freight station along the west side of 5th Avenue across from Thomas Boulevard. This freight station was on a spur and served the East Liberty Stockyards (GPS: 40.455046,-79.911509).
East Pittsburgh   This station was NW of the intersection of 2nd Street and Station Street next to the old foot bridge that crosses the river (GPS: 40.397642,-79.831603).
Eberhardt The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Edgewater
(OAkmont)
This station was on the west side of the tracks at College Avenue in Oakmont near the Edgewater Steel Mill (GPS: 40.513991,-79.843488).
Edgeworth The original station, according to 1875 maps, was on the SW side of the tracks where Edgeworth Lane used to cross the tracks (before the track bed was moved closer to the river and replaced by Ohio River Road) (GPS: 40.548924,-80.196765).
Edgeworth
(Quaker Valley)
  This station was at the bottom of Academy Avenue. The tracks in the photo were later moved closer to the river and the track bed become PA65 (Ohio River Boulevard). The first PFt.W&C station here was at the end of Hazel Lane on the SW side of the original tracks.
Elba Station This station served the Elba Iron & Bolt Company. It was located at approximately GPS: 40.421999,-79.950471. It was just a short distance to the SE from the B&O's Laughlin's Station.
Elfinwild The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, and Eberhardt.
Elkhorn   This station was near the intersection of Elkhorn Road and Bunola River Road (GPS: 40.221608,-79.963392).
Ellrod
(Versailles)
This station was just to the SW of the Boston Bridge (PA48) near the intersection of Kennedy Avenue and First Streets (GPS: 40.313587,-79.829294).
Elwyn This station was where McNeilly Road crosses under the tracks (GPS: 40.37829,-80.00437)
Emsworth The original station was on the west side of Western Avenue, on the south side of the tracks.
Etna
(Sharpsburg)
  This passenger station was located on the east side of the north end of the Fleming (62nd Street) Bridge. It was on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 40.492678,-79.938106).
Etna
(Sharpsburg)
There was a freight station south of Short Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets (GPS: 40.493103,-79.937553). It was demolished by Norfolk Southern in 2007. The station is shown on the 1897 maps.
Etna The Etna Pittsburgh & Western (later B&O) station was on the north side of Grant Avenue on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.503839,-79.948336). The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Evergreen Station In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
Fairoaks This station was between Ambridge and Leetsdale. In 1876, this station was on the SW side of the tracks where Cross Street formerly crossed the mainline there.
Fleming Park  
Gibson Station  
Gibsonia The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Gladden On the Ridgeville & McDonald Branch.
Glanford  
Glassmere  
Glenfield
(Glendale)
  The original station here was located just east of where I-79 crosses Ohio River Boulevard. The station pictured is the likely the second generation station. The station is listed as "Glendale" on the 1876 map.
Glenn Station This station was south of the Washington Pike (PA50)/Hope Hollow Road intersection (GPS: 40.394709,-80.086706) in Carnegie.
Glenshaw The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Glenwillard
(Shoustown)
 
Glenwood This station was in the vicinity of Renova and Dyke Streets (at approximately GPS: 40.40011,-79.939849).
Green Springs This station was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.401422,-79.878309. Exact location not known.
Greenock This station was where Twele Road crosses the old grade. The station was on the SW side of the tracks. (GPS: 40.313397,-79.792439).
Gregg's Station  
Grove Station This station was on the north side of East Elizabeth Street in Pittsburgh (GPS: 40.416698,-79.947284).
Grove Station This station was on the NE side of Grove Road on the east side of the tracks in Castle Shannon (GPS: 40.367241,-80.014855).
Groveton  
Guyasuta Station This station was just west of the Highland Park Bridge south of Freeport Road (where Freeport Road crosses the tracks) (GPS: 40.493005,-79.911633).
Haight's Run Station This station was located near the mouth of Haight's Run in the vicinity of Butler and Gallatin Streets.
Harden Station  
Hardies
(Hardy)
The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Harmarville  
Hawkins This station was just east of where South Braddock Avenue/Kenmawr Avenue crosses over the tracks (GPS: 40.414207,-79.876243).
Hays Station This station was near where Baldwin Road goes under the tracks near the south end of the Glenwood Bridge (GPS: 40.393533,-79.932902).
Haysville This station was just to the SE of where River Road crosses Ohio River Boulevard.
HAzelwood Station This station was near the intersection of Second Avenue and Hazelwood Avenue.
Herrs Station This station was on the NE corner of 30th Street and East Ohio Street (GPS: 40.464466,-79.97994). It was gone by 1907.
High Bridge Station This station was in the vicinity of the SE end of Buffington Avenue (approximate GPS: 40.413284,-80.006561).
Highlands Station
(Salt Works Sta.)
This station was in the vicinity of where Old Brown's Hill Road goes under the tracks (GPS: 40.415102,-79.916241).
Hoboken
(Blawnox)
The first station here (shown on the 1886 map) was on the west side of Center Avenue on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.489635,-79.864115). The second station (shown on the 1897 map) was a bit to the east near the intersection of Cable Way and 4th Street (GPS: 40.490304,-79.862731).
Homestead Before the existing station was built in 1908, there was a previous station at this same location (as shown on pre-1908 maps) (GPS: 40.407998,-79.9124).
Homestead Located on 6th Avenue and Ann Street (GPS: 40.409587,-79.910442), this station was demolished in 1943 and replaced with a more modern station. There was also a freight station a half block to the northeast (40.409979,-79.909573).
Homestead The P&LE replaced the station listed above in 1943.
Homewood This station was on the south side of the tracks between North Homewood Avenue and North Lang Avenue. What is now called Jonathan Place was the driveway to the station providing access from both Homewood and Lang Avenues (GPS: 40.453111,-79.900292).
Hope Church This station was in the vicinity of Mifflin Road north of the PA885 overpass (40.384998,-79.932264).
Howard This station was on the west side of Howard Street on the south side of the tracks in Homestead (GPS: 40.40355,-79.917169).
Hulton
(Oakmont)
This station was located at Hulton Road and Allegheny River Boulevard (GPS: 40.525678,-79.840602). It was originally a passenger station and later served as a freight station. It was eventually moved to East Oakmont, but burned down in the 1950s.
Hulton Ferry This station was between Harmarville and Montrose.
Idlewood Station This station was on the NE side of Morgane Road on the east side of the tracks (now the busway) (GPS: 40.425944,-80.072769).
Imperial  
Ingram This was the original passenger station in Ingram. It was near Craig Way. The Pittsburgh & Steubenville is a PRR predecessor.
Ingram This photo shows the original freight station.
Iona Station
(Sylvan)
This station was at the east end of Allegheny Avenue. It was behind where the Verona Giant Eagle store on Allegheny Boulevard is today (GPS: 40.499112,-79.845202). The name of the station was changed to Sylvan sometime in the later 1800s as the name change is shown on maps from 1897.
Jacks Run Station This station was gone by the early 1900s. It is shown on maps from 1876, but not on the 1906 maps. It was located just to the NW of the end of Farrgut Avenue (GPS: 40.484054,-80.051362).
Jocob's Station  
Jones Station This station was south of West Elizabeth.
Karns  
Keating This station was at GPS: 40.415187,-79.888426 at the NW end of Rankin west of Iron Alley and Chartiers Street.
Kendall This station was between Coraopolis and Stoops Ferry.
Kenny Station This was the station for Kennywood Park. It was at the NE side of the park.
Kerr This station was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.237212,-79.959569. There are no roads to that area now.
Kirwan  
Lashell  
Laughlin's Station
(Laughlin Jct.)
This station was located near the intersection of Second Avenue and Greenfield Avenue (approximately GPS: 40.425242,-79.953035).
Lawrenceville This station was at the SE end of 33rd Street (next to where the Herron Avenue bridge is today) (GPS: 40.459764,-79.966618).
Lawrenceville This freight station was near the corner of Liberty and 33rd Street. It was served by spur tracks that came off the line at Herron Avenue at a westerly angle (GPS: 40.460569,-79.968458).
Leasdale Station This station was on the north side of Greentree Road on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.386615,-80.088524) in Carnegie.
Leetsdale According to 1875 maps, the original Leetsdale station was on the SW side of the tracks at Ferry (formerly Shoustown Lane) Street. This was when the track was where Ohio River Boulevard is today so the original station would have been located just a few feet to the SE of the current station with the tracks on the opposite side of the building.
Lincoln Station This station was in the vicinity of Blockade Street in the area of the Cheswick Marina (GPS: 40.540462,-79.806039).
Linden Station This station was on Second Avenue near the north end of the old RR bridge (due south of Juliet Street). It was located at approximately GPS: 40.42997,-79.957713.
Lock no. 3 Station This station was on the SW side of Elizabeth at approximately GPS: 40.264136,-79.898672.
Logan's Ferry Station This station was in the vicinity of Logans Ferry Road and Entrance Drive (GPS: 40.543393,-79.760957).
Long Run This station was NW of Versailles. It sat in the vicinity of the end of Long Run Road (GPS: 40.323669,-79.839835).
Lostock Station This station was along Clariton-Dravosburg Road (PA837) between Coal Valley Road and Lebanon School Road (GPS: 40.330483,-79.898018). It served the Rock Run Coal Works.
Lynch Station This station was located just to the SE of where the 13th Street Bridge (now gone) used to cross the river and meet Liberty Way/River Road (GPS: 40.339839,-79.865928).
Manown This station was near the south end of Boat Club Road (GPS: 40.197204,-79.901955).
Mansfield  
Mansfield
(North)
 
Marion Station
(Marion Jct.)
This station was just north of where Mobile Street used to intersect with Second Avenue (at approximately GPS: 40.416698,-79.947284).
Mayview This station was between Bridgeville and Boyce.
McAbee Station  
McKees Rocks
(Chartiers Sta.)
This station was at Chartiers Avenue (now McKees Rocks Plaza parking lot) and West Carson Street (GPS: 40.465952,-80.054165). This first station at this location was known as Chartiers Station (see 1882 map).
McKees Rocks There was a freight station north of Locust Street between Linden and McKee Streets (GPS: 40.467095,-80.057974).
McKeesport  
McKeesport   This station was on the east side of Locust Street between 5th Avenue and Lysle Boulevard (formerly Jerome Street) (GPS: 40.35144,-79.862693).
McKeesport The B&O freight station was built in 1888 (according to the B&O Annual Report of that year). It was located on the west side of Sinclair Street north of Lysle Street (GPS: 40.35144,-79.862693).
McKeesport The passenger station was on the corner of Walnut and 4th Streets (GPS: 40.351865,-79.865313).
McKeesport There was a freight house on the corner of Walnut and 3rd Streets (GPS: 40.353876,-79.865753).
McKeesport
(Christy Park)
The Christy Park B&O station was located on 28th Street SW of Walnut Street (GPS: 40.332343,-79.847184). There may have also been a freight station here as well.
McKeesport
(Demler Sta.)
This station was about 100 yards down the hill due west of the intersection of Lime Street (formerly Oak) and Cliff Street.
McKeesport
(Demler Sta.)
This station was located along the river about 800 feet NW of the intersection of Sterling and Bowman Streets. It appears to have mainly served the Sterling Steel Company (now gone) (GPS: 40.358947,-79.838398).
McKeesport
(Long Run Sta.)
This station was in the vicinity of the SW end of Will Street just south of the mouth of Long Run (GPS: 40.324978,-79.841042).
McKeesport
(Riverton)
This station was just north of the intersection of 5th Street and Bowman Avenue (GPS: 40.353729,-79.845221). The PMcK&Y may have also had a station just north of this one, but it is not clearly marked on the map from 1901.
Mesta Station This station was located at the entrance to the Mesta Machine Company in West Homestead. It was at the corner of West 7th Avenue (PA837) and Mesta Street (GPS: 40.398897,-79.922635).
Milesville This station was near where Rainbow Run intersects with John Street (GPS: 40.198843,-79.871786).
Millers Grove This station was just to the NE of Option off Streets Run Road on the east side of the tracks at approximately GPS: 40.348588,-79.970998.
Milltown  
Moon Run This station was just east of Moon Run on the south side of the tracks. This is where the Moon Run RR junctioned with the P&LE. It was located at approximately GPS: 40.507159,-80.13601.
Monongahela It sat to the NE of the PA136 bridge (GPS: 40.201129,-79.915854).
Montrose This station was on the east side of Freeport Road just north of the Woodland Avenue intersection. It was on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.500666,-79.851733).
Morgan On the Ridgeville & McDonald Branch.
Morningside This station was north of Butler Street at approximately GPS: 40.48988,-79.927425.
Munhall This station was on East 8th Avenue just NW of Ravine Street in Homestead (GPS: 40.408844,-79.895443).
Natrona    
Nimick Station This was an early station located south of Glenmawr Avenue. It was on the estate of W. K. Nimick and can be seen on maps from 1876. It was located approximately at GPS: 40.452662,-80.042168. The station was gone by the early 1900s.
Noblestown  
Oak Station This station served the Oak Mine. There were mine tracks that ran west off the P&CS mainline here at the station. It was located across the creek behind where Overbrook Middle School is today (2011) on Saw Mill Run Boulevard (GPS: 40.390472,-79.998085).
Oakdale   The tracks were removed about 1994/1995. The former Right of way is currently part of the Panhandle Bike Trail, which Runs from Walker's Mill through McDonald, PA and into WVA. The station and freight house stood near the former location of where Joy Dog Food Company's Oakdale plant was. It too was torn down in 2008 to make way for self storage units.
Oakmont This station was on Allegheny Avenue between Ann and Maryland Streets (GPS: 40.519553,-79.842796).
Oakmont This station opened in 1908 and replaced the station listed above. It was torn down in June, 1970.
Oliver
(Duquesne)
This station was where Oliver Avenue/Street used to cross the tracks at GPS: 40.376988,-79.84726.
Ormsby This station was on the SE side of South 30th Street between Sarah and Larkins Streets (those two streets do not cross here anymore and the tracks are gone) (GPS: 40.423955,-79.964274).
Osborne The original station was at the end of Osborne Lane.
Osceola Station This station was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.313732,-79.78901.
Overbrook
(Fair Haven)
This station was near where Glenbury Street crosses the tracks (GPS: 40.383077,-79.997302).
Overbrook
(Fair Haven)
This station was near where Glenbury Street crosses the tracks. The depot was on the SE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.382913,-79.99698).
Patterson
Station
 
Patterson This station was between the Belle Bridge and Vankirk stations along the Monongahela River. The station was named for an early property owner here.
Parke Station This station was on Bunola Road where Leech Run empties into the Monongahela River.
Perrysville
Station
In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
PEtroleum Station  
Peterson  
Picnic Station This was a very short-lived station. It is shown on the 1897 map, but not on the 1886 or 1909 maps. It was located off Freeport Road just west of Fox Chapel Road (formerly the southern part of Squaw Run Road) (GPS: 40.486926,-79.884574). It was only about 1600 feet to the east of Ross Station.
Pike station This station was north of Thornburg on the north side of the Stuebenville Pike (off Napor Boulevard). The station was on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.44056,-80.083892).
Pine Creek Station This station was located on the SE side of what is now the Allegheny Valley Expressway in the vicinity of the west end of Ann Street. It was at approximately GPS: 40.489276,-79.95318. The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Pitcairn
(Wall's Station)
This was the first station at Wall/Picairn.
Pitcairn
(Wall Station)
This second generation station was on the north side of Wall Yard and was accessed by a bridge from Wall Street in Pitcairn. The bridge is still in place, but abandoned and the road to where the station was is now just a trail (GPS: 40.400155,-79.780068&spn=0.00162,0.004128). The station was known as Wall, Wallurbia, and Pitcairn over its lifetime. The PRR YMCA was just north of the station near the river.
Pittsburgh Built 1957, torn down 1998, this station was at the corner of Grant and 1st Avenue.
Pittsburgh
(Grant Street)
  Built in 1887 and torn down on July 1, 1957, this station was at the corner of Smithfield and Water Streets. It was designed by Frank Furness. Fort Pitt Boulevard and I-376 now occupy this location (40.436418,-80.00065).
Pittsburgh This station sat by the Allegheny River and was known as "The Ark" due to frequent flooding.
Pittsburgh There was a large freight station at the foot of Grant Street and Ross Street at Water Street where the parkway is located today (GPS: 40.43552,-79.997868).
Pittsburgh   The PFt.W&C Federal Street passenger station was built in 1907 and was the third station at that site. It was torn down in 1955. The station, designed by Philadelphia architects Price and McLanahan, was a brick, stone, and terra cotta building in the Dutch Renaissance style and modeled after Butcher's Hall in the Netherlands. 
Pittsburgh   Built in 1857, this station was located on Liberty Avenue. It burned down during the Great Railroad Strike in July of 1877.
Pittsburgh
AND
This was the second station on Liberty Avenue at 12th Street, serving from approximately 1878-1901 (GPS: 40.445249,-79.991273)
Pittsburgh
(4th Avenue Sta.)
This station was at the SE end of 4th Avenue near the mouth of the RR tunnel. It is shown on maps from 1903 (GPS: 40.437288,-79.995586).
Pittsburgh
(Duquesne Sta.)
This terminal-style freight station was near where Point State Park is today on the north side of Liberty Avenue. It was between Penn and Liberty Streets when both those streets ran down to the river (GPS: 40.440252,-80.008659).
Pittsburgh
(7th Street)
There was a freight station with frontage on 7th Street between Grant Street and Bigelow Boulevard (formerly Grant Boulevard) (GPS: 40.442287,-79.994443).
Pittsburgh
(11th Street)
A large freight station was located on the north side of Penn Avenue between 10th and 11th Street. It was built in 1929 and was known as the PRR 11th Street Freight Terminal (GPS: 40.445065,-79.994915). The David Lawrence Convention Center now sits on this property.
Pittsburgh
(23rd Street Sta.)
A freight house sat between 23rd and 24th Street just south of Mary Street (GPS: 40.425356,-79.972723).
Pittsburgh
28th Street Sta.
This station was on the SW side of the 28th Street Bridge (just NW of Brereton Street) (GPS: 40.455707,-79.973211).
Pittsburgh
(Unknown)
The 1888 and 1900 maps show a station on the SE side of the tracks where the Bloomfield Bridge (Liberty Avenue) crosses. Neither map gives an actual name for the station, although it may have been called Millwood Station. (GPS: 40.46032,-79.955996).
Pittsburgh
29th Street Sta.
This station was near the corner of 29th and Railroad Streets (GPS: 40.459001,-79.97578).
Pittsburgh
34th Street Sta.
This station was near the NW end of 34th Street (GPS: 40.463503,-79.969558). It was built some time between 1887-1899.
Pittsburgh
43RD Street Sta.
This station was near the NW end of 43rd Street (GPS:40.473371,-79.964343).
Pittsburgh
49th Street Sta.
This station was near the NW end of 49th Street. It was gone by 1900.
Pittsburgh
51ST Street Sta.
This station was near the NW end of 51st Street (GPS:40.480186,-79.958067).
Pittsburgh
(McCandless Sta.)
This station was on McCandless Avenue (between 52nd and 53rd Streets) (GPS: 40.482854,-79.954602).
Pittsburgh
(Standard Sta.)
(57th Street Sta.)
This station was in the vicinity of 57th Street.
Pittsburgh
(Butler St. Sta.)
This station was in the vicinity of the 62nd Street (Sharpsburg) Bridge (GPS: 40.489668,-79.937274).
Pittsburgh Built 1904, the station sat at the corner of Stanwix Street (formerly Ferry Street) & Liberty Avenue. The Wabash-Pittsburgh Terminal Railway went into receivership and in 1917 was bought by the P&WV. The freight and passenger terminals were not used much. The freight section burned down Mar. 22, 1946. The station itself was torn down in 1953 to make way for Gateway Center.
Pittsburgh Was located on Smallman & 11th Sts. This photo shows the building being torn down on 2/17/75.
Pittsburgh Pittsburgh
Southern
Railroad
This early station was located near the north end of Main Street on the east side of Saw Mill Run at approximately GPS: 40.44324,-80.028883. The station is shown on the 1882 map of the city, but it was gone by 1886 as the railroad had folded (into the B&O). Just south of this station is where the PS trains accessed the Little Saw Mill Run Railroad which began to the NW across Saw Mill Run in West Temperance.
Point Bridge Station This station was located along Carson Street at the SW end of the first Point Bridge. The first Point Bridge was built in 1875 and was replaced in 1927. It is unknown how long this station was in service, but it may have remained until Station Square was built.
Point Bridge Still standing as of 1945 as it appear in the PRR list of stations and sidings.
Pollock
(Glassport)
This station was on the South side of Glassport between 10th (now Broadway) and 11th (now Wall) Streets (GPS: 40.318029,-79.891779).
Port Perry This station was on the SE side of the tracks between Jefferson and Madison Streets. This area of town is gone now as there are no streets here. It was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.390513,-79.849577.
Powers Run Station This station was on Freeport Road just north of the intersection with Powers Run Road (GPS: 40.508929,-79.851841).
RAnd Station This station was where Baldwin Road/Streets Run crosses the tracks. It was on the SE side of the tracks between the tracks and the road (GPS: 40.377454,-79.937838).
Rankin The original station here (as shown on the 1895 map) was just to the NW of the Rankin Bridge (Ridge Avenue) (GPS: 40.408974,-79.878239). A later station was on the north side of the tracks between Pattison and Fleet Street to the east of the Rankin Bridge (GPS: 40.407982,-79.876442).
Rankin This station was at the south end of Clara Street.
Red Raven Now called Harmarville. Red Raven station used to stand along the B&LE tracks at the Gulf Lab Road crossing at the junction where the Cheswick and Harmar Railroad branched off at went toward Harwick. This is at the current north end of the Allegheny River bridge. The photo of the station shows it before the newer Allegheny River bridge was built in 1897. The houses in the background of the photo still exist but the track level is much higher now due to the approaches constructed for the 1897 bridge being raised.
Reilly's Station This station was in the vicinity of Streets Run and Delwar Roads (GPS: 40.354099,-79.957834).
Rennerdale
(Hayes Sta.)
On the 1876 map this location is shown as Hayes Station.
Reynoldton Station This station was on the NE side of Ann Street at the south end of Hickory Alley (GPS: 40.350326,-79.874409).
Rhoads Station This station was near the intersection of Monongahela Avenue North and Lincoln Street in the northern part of Glassport (GPS: 40.340192,-79.888099).
River Valley  
Roup's Station This station was on the east side of South Negley Avenue (formerly Roup Street) on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.456458,-79.933444).
Ross Station Ross Station was located behind where the Waterworks Mall is today in Blawnox at approximately GPS: 40.486542,-79.890872.
Rosslyn Station   This station was NW of the intersection of Locust and Arch Streets (GPS: 40.414137,-80.083836).
Russellton  
Salt Works Station
(Highlands)
This station was between Brown Station and City Farm Station. The name was changed to Highlands Station (see listing above) in the early 1900s.
Saltsburgh This station was between Port Perry and McKeesport. There are no roads in the area to where the station was. It was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.375353,-79.836659.
Sample Farm Station In 1886, the original stations on this line from SW to NW were Bennett, Sample Farm, Bowerstown, Evergreen, Brookville, and Perrysville.
Sandy Creek Station This station was in the vicinity of Allegheny River Boulevard and Sandy Creek Road (GPS: 40.485278,-79.857076). There was an incline RR that junctioned near here from the southeast.
Saunders Station This station was on the west side of Saunders Station Road on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.409416,-79.728282).
Saw Mill Run Station This station was on the NW side of Saw Mill Run where it empties into the Ohio River. It sat between the P&LE and PRR tracks on the SW side of Carson Street, so it may have served both RRs (Although it appears to have been closer to the PRR). It was at approximately GPS: 40.444596,-80.029111. It was just across Saw Mill Run from the Temperanceville station. Both stations can be seen on the 1886 map.
Scott Haven
(Industry)
This station was south of Dad Street on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.259715,-79.791094).
Scully Station This station was at the south end of the PRR's Scully Yard in Chartiers Township.
Scully Spring
Station
 
Semple The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Sewickley There was a freight station on the east side of Chestnut Street on the south side of the tracks.
Shadyside This station was at the north end of Amberson Avenue (GPS: 40.453674,-79.941255).
Sharpsburg The first station here was on the west side of 13th Street on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.495176,-79.930065). Both this old station and the newer station (see below) are shown on the 1886 map.
Sharpsburg This station was on the east side of 13th street on the north side of the tracks (40.495524,-79.928986). It was built around 1886.
Sharpsburg The Pittsburgh & Western (later B&O) station was at the intersection of Bridge and Sycamore Streets on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.49616,-79.941097). The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Shields Station This station was at the SW end of Church Lane in Edgeworth (GPS: 40.553282,-80.201451). The station appears on the 1906 map.
Sheridan Station See listing for Corliss.
Sinn Station This station was in the vicinity of where River Ridge Road curves from SW/NE to SE/NW. It was on the property of Ludwig Sinn in 1900 (GPS: 40.327356,-79.847571).
Smith Station This station was off Denise Street at GPS: 40.398987,-79.998965.
Smithfield Street Station This station was on the south side of Carson Street just past Smithfield Street (GPS: 40.431788,-80.003911).
Soho Station This station was where the north end of the Birmingham Bridge is today (formerly Brady Street). It was on the east side of Brady Street on the north side of the tracks.
Springdale Station This station was in the vicinity of Pittsburgh/Rowe Street and Riddle Run Road (GPS: 40.546149,-79.770259).
Stewarts
(Trafford)
This station was on the north side of 1st Street (Stewart Street) on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.38188,-79.766021).
Stockyard Station
AND
This station probably replaced Herrs Station as the 1907 map shows Herrs Station as gone and this newer station nearby. The map shows that the station property is owned by the Western Pennsylvania RR, but there is a platform along the P&W tracks as well. It was located at approximately GPS: 40.463928,-79.980061.
Stonehouse Station  
Stoops Ferry    
Stringtown There is nothing left of this town and no roads to its location. It is in the SE corner of the North Buena Vista Historical Site. It was located at approximately GPS: 40.28289,-79.782484.
Sumner Station This station was at 18th and South Canal Streets in Sharpsburg (GPS: 40.496227,-79.921278).
Sunnyside This station was near the west end of John Street (where it used to cross back over the tracks) (GPS: 40.198312,-79.87822). It was between the Milesville and Watson stations.
Superior Station This station was near where Superior Avenue intersects with Ohio River Boulevard.
Superior Station  
Swissvale This station was on the SW side of Braddock Avenue where the busway is today (GPS: 40.422651,-79.886723). There was a freight station across the tracks to the NW (GPS: 40.423055,-79.886873).
Sygan On the Ridgeville & McDonald Branch.
Sylvan This station was on Railroad Avenue near the east end of Allegheny Avenue in Verona (GPS: 40.499067,-79.845285).
Tarentum Predated existing station?
Taylor This was the last station in Allegheny County going south on the line along the Youghiogheny River. It was located approximately at GPS:40.232347,-79.80649.
Temperanceville This station was on the SW side of West Carson Street just SE of the West End Bridge Approach at approximately GPS: 40.443383,-80.026903. The station was on the SW side of the tracks. It was just across Saw Mill Run from the "Saw Mill Run" station. Both stations can be seen on the 1886 map.
ThompsoN This station was at approximately GPS: 40.387514,-79.857817.
Thornburg This station was on Princeton Avenue on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.435997,-80.081371).
Torrens Station This station is where Torrens Road used to cross the tracks (at the north end of what it now Rainbow Street) (GPS: 40.457381,-79.911032).
Treveskyn On the Ridgeville & McDonald Branch.
Turtle Creek The passenger station was on the north side of the tracks west of the Greensburg Avenue Bridge. There is no street leading to this location anymore (GPS: 40.403007,-79.825491).
Turtle Creek There was a freight station on a spur track on the north side of the Turtle Creek just to the east of the Greensburg Avenue Bridge (GPS: 40.403364,-79.824117).
Undercliff The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Unity  
Unity Junction  
Vankirk Station
(Wylie)
This station was between Church Avenue and Locust Street in Elizabeth (GPS: 40.27634,-79.882616). It was later called Wylie Station.
Verner Station This early station was just north of where the McKees Rocks Bridge is today at approximately GPS: 40.479039,-80.044316. It was on the SE side of the old Pittsburgh Forge & Iron plant in 1876. It was gone by the early 1900s.
Verona   This station was at the west end of Centre Avenue on Railroad Avenue (GPS: 40.506511,-79.844937). There was a freight house a short distance to the south of the passenger station. The Plum Creek Branch of the AVRR began here.
Versailles The freight station was to the south of the existing passenger station about halfway between Juniper and Larch Streets (GPS: 40.317547,-79.837).
Walkers Mills  
Wall Station See listing for Pitcairn.
Wallace This station was located in the vicinity of Carousel Drive around GPS: 40.237212,-79.959569.
Watson This station was near Gallatin Road and Peach Street (GPS: 40.196929,-79.888901).
West Elizabeth    
West Liberty This station was in the vicinity of Hargrove Street at approximately GPS:40.416069,-80.009968.
Whitmer The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Wildwood Station This station was in the vicinity of Allegheny River Boulevard and Nadine Road (approximately GPS: 40.481622,-79.876206).
Wildwood The original stations on this line from south to north were: Pine Creek, Sharpsburg, Etna, Undercliff, Whitmer, Glenshaw, Coaldale, Elfinwild, Eberhardt, Bryant, Semple, Wildwood, Hardies, Gibsonia, Bakerstown and Valencia.
Willock This station was in the vicinity of Streets Run and Missionary Roads (GPS: 40.35174,-79.964933).
Willow Grove This station was located on what is now the SE side of the Allegheny Expressway SW of the intersection with Feilbach Street at approximately GPS: 40.47149,-79.973715.
Wilmerding This station was on what is now Wall Avenue just west of the Patton Street Bridge (GPS: 40.39348,-79.805353). The Westinghouse Air Brake Company can be seen in the background of the photo.
Wilmerding There was a freight station north of Station Street and east of Herman Street (GPS: 40.393594,-79.808207).
Wilson This station was in what would eventually become the north part of Clariton. It was in the vicinity of GPS: 40.308724,-79.887986.
Wood's Run Station This station was near the eastern end of Westhall Street (formerly Wilkins), just north of where Eckert Street crosses under the tracks at approximately GPS:40.472269,-80.038415
Woodville This station was located on the south side of Old Bower Hill Road on the east side of the tracks.
Woodville Junction    
1895 ALLEGHENY COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
 
Notes About Existing Stations...

Aspinwall (PRR) - Moved a few blocks from original location. The original location of this station was on Freeport Road just east of Brilliant Avenue (GPS: 40.488691,-79.900914). It was built sometime between 1898-1906 to replace an earlier station that was one block to the west.

Bridgeville (PRR) - Heavily modified.

Coraopolis (P&LE) - This was a large passenger station that handled both people and express/baggage. There is a large central tower. At one time, there were covered platforms on both sides of the tracks, with a pedestrian tunnel under the tracks. The station area was used as a stop for the daily P&LE passenger train between Beaver Falls and Pittsburgh until that service ended. The building was converted to an auto parts store in the late '70s?, which resulted in some architectural changes (a new door was put in an odd location). The station has been vacant since the business moved elsewhere. There may be an effort to preserve and renovate the building by a local railroad museum group. The station was designed by Henry Hobson Richardson (1838-1886) who also designed the Allegheny Courthouse and Jail. The station, originally known as the Middletown Station, was completed on February 24, 1879.

Curtisville (B&LE) - Was also a scale house and Railway Express Agency. Can someone confirm that this exists by providing a recent photo?

Edgeworth (Shields) (PFt.W&C) - This station was on the old right of way which is now where PA 65 is. The station consisted of only the portion with the high roof that includes the triangular dormer. The original steps/railing to the track level platforms are also still there. The Edgeworth station (now gone) replaced Shields on the new alignment at approximately the same location. Shields is an old family name in the Sewickley/Leetsdale area. The dam and lock in the Ohio River located here is called Dashields for David Shields. The old Quaker Valley Station was on the eastern side of Shields Station at Acadamy Ave. Leetsdale was the next station west. You could see both of them from Shields, that's how close they were located. There were 10 PFWC/PRR Stations on both the old and new alignments in the immediate vicinity of Sewickley. There was Glenfield, Haysville, Osborne (old alignment and still there today), Glen Osborn, Sewickley (old alignment and still there but moved), Sewickley (new alignment-still there), Quaker Valley (the only one demolished in the realignment), Shields, Edgeworth and Leetsdale. Of all of the stations mentioned only Quaker Valley disappeared in the realignment. Five of these stations are still standing today: Osborn, both Sewickleys, Sheilds and Leetsdale.

Glen Osborne (PFt.W&C) - This station was previously called Osburn, but changed its name due to another station with the same moniker. At some point the tracks were relocated away from the station, but the building remained.

Ingram (PRR) - ROW is now busway for the Port Authority of Allegheny County. Passenger service ended in Nov. 1964. Passengers used the stairs in the old photo to get down to the tracks.

Pittsburgh (P&LE) - Read more here about Station Square.

Sewickley (PRR) - Here is another photo.

Sewickley (PFt.W&C) - This old 1887 station used to sit where the newer 1929 station is now located. In 1929 it was moved by rail to Chadwick Street to make room for the new station. It is now used by the American Legion.

Tarentum (PRR) - Relocated and restored from 1913-16.

Woodville (PRR) - The photo, from 1925, shows a large building (still standing) and a smaller frame structure (now gone). The smaller structure may have been the freight station and the larger building the passenger station.