|Ben Roy||Off Camp Betty Washington Road near Old Dutch Lane.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Brillharts Station||Brillharts Station Road off Twin Arch Road||C||Residence||????||Abandoned||Brick|
|Brogueville||Trinity Road off Brown Road||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Delta||Front Street at Broad Street||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Fawn Grove||Market & Mill Streets||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Felton||Maul Avenue near High Street||F||Private||????||Gone||Wood|
|Glatfelters||Glatfelters Station Road, along rail trail.||P||Residence||????||Abandoned||Brick|
|East Cherry Avenue
|Railroad Street & Library Place
|Hanover||Railroad Street at Park Avenue
|Hanover Junction||PA616 near Shaffers Church Road||C||Civic||1860s||In Use||Wood|
|Laurel||Laurel & Old Forge Roads||P||Business||????||In Use||Wood|
|Mt. Wolf||Front Street near Maple Street||C||Private||????||In Use||Wood|
|Muddy Creek Forks||Muddy Creek Forks & New Park Road||C||Museum||1900||In Use||Wood|
|New Freedom||Front Street at Franklin Street||C||Railroad||1860s||Abandoned||Wood|
|Orwig||Along PA 851 between Waltemyer School Road and Hill Road||P||Residence||????||In Use||Wood|
|Red Lion||Main Street & First Avenue||C||Civic||????||Gone||Brick|
|Relay||Fruitlyn Drive, off North Walnut Street||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Main Street||C||Business||1838||In Use||Wood|
|Main Street north of Tolna Road||C||Vacant||????||Inactive||Brick|
|Springvale||Circle Drive off Springvale Road||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Snyderstown (Yoe)||7-9 East Pennsylvania Avenue, Yoe.||P||Residence||1880||Gone||Wood|
|Stewartstown||Hill Street & Pennsylvania Avenue||C||RR/Museum||1912||In Use||Brick|
|Strickhousers||2203 Strickhouser Road||F||Residence||1853||Gone||Brick|
|Tolna||2026 Windy Hill Road (Dear Creek and Windy Hill Roads).||C||Residence||1886||In Use||Wood|
|Wiley||Marsteller Road & Draco Road||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Woodbine||Miller Road (PA425) at Muddy Creek||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|York||North & Duke Streets
|York||North Street between Duke and North Queen Streets
|York||George & Arch Streets
|York||200 Block of Roosevelt Street
|York||490 East Market Street
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Bachman Valley junction||
||This station was near where Park Road zig zags across the railbed.|
|Black Rock||There was a station here in 1876 when this was the Bachman Valley RR line.|
|Bridgeton||Photo is of Hack Eaton at station in 1962.|
|Delta||Burned down in 1965.|
|Dillsburg||On the short Dillsburg branch of the Cumberland Valley RR (formerly the Mechanicsburg & Dillsburg RR).|
|Glen Rock||There is now a modern gas station on this site at Main and Water Streets.|
|There was a station here in 1876 when this was the Bachman Valley RR line.|
|In 1876 the station agent here was Benjamin F. Kirkwood. The station was torn down around 1960.|
|Hanover||Ther Hanover & York RR and Littlestown RR may have shared a station here in the early years. A building is shown on maps from 1876 at the site of the existing station on Railroad Street and Library Place.|
|Hellam||The original Hellam Y&W station was on the north side of the tracks on the west side of Yorkanna Road (S. Broad Street). The station in the photo may be the original, or a later NCRR station.|
|Jacobs Mill Station|
|Marsh Run||In 1876, the station was also the hotel here.|
|Menges Mill Station|
|Ore Valley||This station was on Springwood Road south of Camp Betty Washington Road (GPS: 39.930394,-76.654927). It was demolished on July 7, 2012 after serving as a residence.|
|Plank Road Station||This was the first station SE of York. I believe it was in the vicinity of Mt. Rose Avenue.|
|Railroad||The first station here was on the north side of Main Street on the east side of the tracks.|
(Penn Grove Camp)
|This was the station for passengers traveling to/from Penn Grove Camp (originally known as Camp Pamadeva).|
|South Branch||There was a station here in 1876 when this was the Bachman Valley RR line.|
|Springwood||Although there was no station building there, there was a flag stop at Spanglerís swimming pool (later known as Springwood Park) at mile post 71.5 between Relay and Ore Valley.|
|Strawbridge||Station was located at Marsteller & New Park Roads in Hopewell Township. Torn down around 2005-06.|
|Summit Station||This was an early station that was the first station east of York. It was on Brillinger Road, which is now called Mt Zion Road (GPS: 39.983208,-76.664894).|
|Tolna||The freight station here was across the street from the passenger station and burned down in the late 1970s or early 1980s.|
|Turnpike Station||This was an early station that was the second station east of York. It was on the Wrightsville Turnpike, which is now East Market Street (PA462) (GPS: 39.986993,-76.644246).|
|Wrightsville||The station was loacted on the east side of North Front Street, just south of Hellam Street (GPS: 40.026129,-76.527999). There is a factory there today (2011).|
|Yoe||Station was built in 1896 by York Southern before the MA&PA acquired it. Photo from 1950.|
|York||This passenger station was on the east side of George Street (across from the existing freight station). It was built in 1893.|
|York||The original Peach Bottom RR depot was on the north side of York Street SW of Louck's Mill Road (GPS: 39.968216,-76.724554)|
|1895 YORK COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
|Notes About Existing
Ben Roy (MA&PA) - Building was general store, post office, train station combo. Sits on private drive.
Glatfelters (PRR) - It is a 2 story orange-ish colored brick building. Milepost 49 is directly across from the building. Also, if you look closely, you can see the foundation for the westbound passenger shelter beside the milepost..
Hallam (Y&W) - A carpenter from Hallam, dismantled and reconstructed the station at the rear of his property near 67?? East Market Street in Hallam in the 1960's. Cherry Avenue (a narrow alley) runs east and west on the north side of Market Street in Hallam. The railroad station originally sat south of Market Street near the old Hallam Furniture Factory.
Hanover (PRR/WM) - The station appears as though it was oriented towards the PRR right-of-way, so I suspect that the PRR actually built the station. The station sits between the two right-of-ways, and appears to have served both the WM and PRR. The CSX uses the old WM tracks, and the Ma & Pa uses the old PRR tracks. There is a diamond and an interchange just east of the station. --Greg Halpin
Hanover Junction (Northern Central) - York Co. rail/Trail Authority to start restoration of this station in the near future. It will be restored to it's 1863 time frame. It was used by the PRR, NCR, the Hanover Jct. Railway, and Western Maryland.
Laurel (MA&PA) - Laurel - The MA&PA station in Laurel was located in a general store. The building is currently used by a woodworking business. The tracks are still in place, extending about 500 feet north, and owned by an Authority of York County. Eventually, the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society hopes to extend the rail excursions operated from Muddy Creek Forks as far north as Laurel
Muddy Creek Forks (MA&PA) - This station was located in a large general store built in 1900 by A.M. Grove. The station is located along a six mile section of the original M&P mainline acquired in 1986 by the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society. The store/station and surrounding village was acquired by the Society in 1996. The buildings and tracks are now owned by an Authority of York County. The Society has restored the store, including the station room, to its 1920s appearance. The village is open on Sundays during the summer and excursions are offered by the Society from the station over 3 miles of the track.
New Freedom (Northern Central) - New Freedom - Bill Knepper of the York Co. Rail/Trail Authority writes, The station is undergoing restoration. It was built in the time frame of 1860-1870. It was enlarged 3 times, we could tell that because the wood was of 3 different sizes. It looks like the original section was the passenger end, later it looks like the freight shed was built on, and later the freight end was enlarged. About 15 feet was added to the north end. The station was disassembled and rebuilt in 1999. See old postcard.
Seven Valleys (Northern Central) - This is the second oldest existing station in continuous use in the USA. It is now a general store. The only unscheduled closing was for four hours during the assassination of President McKinley in 1903. The waiting room still has the arrival and departures boards hanging on the wall from the 1950's, and the station masters office remains in use as the manager's office. The ticket window remains as originally constructed in 1838.
Snyderstown (Yoe) (MA&PA) - Combination general store/post office/passenger station. Village was originally called Snyderstown, but the Postal Service rejected the name for a post office as another already existed in Pennsylvania. Town was then renamed Yoe. A second Yoe passenger/freight station was built later, across the street, and was razed by the railroad in the 1970s.
Strickhousers (Northern Central) - Snyderstown (Yoe) - This building was an ore-loading freight station.
Stewartstown (Stewartstown RR) - Has original waiting room, ticket office, and freight house. Brick station, however second story is wood. The Railroad has been closed to tourists for a few years now since a derailment a couple years back on their Easter Bunny Train. The station is currently in poor condition with holes in the roof and a crumbling platform. Volunteers occasionally will maintain the tracks to a certain degree, but for the most part, past Tolna the railroad is abandoned with exempt signs at the grade crossings. --Thomas Gallion, 2007
Tolna (Stewartstown RR) - Building served as a station, post office and general store.
York (Northern Central) - For more information and photos on all York city and county stations see Greg Halpin's page Railroads and Railfanning In and Around York!
York (MA&PA) - Now serves as the housing authority maintenance department. For more information and photos on all York city and county stations see Greg Halpin's page: Railroads and Railfanning In and Around York!