|City||Railroad||Current Location||Type||Current Use||Date Built||Track Status||Bldg. Mat.||Notes|
|Ben Roy||MA&PA||Off Camp Betty Washington Road near Old Dutch Lane.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood||Building was general store, post office, train station combo. Sits on private drive.|
|Brillharts Station||Northern Central||Brillharts Station Rd. off Twin arch Rd.||C||Residence||????||Abandoned||Brick||York Co. Rail Trail goes by station.|
|Brogueville||MA&PA||Trinity Road off
|Delta||Peach Bottom RR||Front St. at Broad St.||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Fawn Grove||New Park & Fawn Grove||Market & Mill Sts.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Felton||MA&PA||Maul Avenue near High Street||F||Private||????||Gone||Wood|
|Glatfelters||PRR||Glatfelters Station Road, along rail trail.||P||Residence||????||Abandoned||Brick||See note.|
|Hellam||York & Wrightsville||Cherry Ave||F||Storage||????||Gone||Wood|
|Hanover||WM/PRR||Railroad Street & Library Place||P||Business||????||In Use||Brick|
|Hanover||WM||Railroad St. at Park Ave.||F||Railroad||????||In Use||Wood/Metal|
|Hanover Jct.||Northern Central (PRR)||PA616 near Shaffers Church Rd.||C||Civic||1860s||In Use||Wood||Now restored!|
|Laurel||MA&PA||Laurel & Old Forge Rd.||P||Business||????||In Use||Wood||Stained Glass
|Mt. Wolf||Northern Central (PRR)||Front St. near Maple St.||C||Private||????||In Use||Wood||Model RR &
|Muddy Creek Forks||MA&PA||Muddy Creek Forks & New Park Rd.||C||Museum||1900||In Use||Wood||Also was
|New Freedom||Northern Central (PRR)||Front St. at
|C||Railroad||1860s||Abandoned||Wood||See old postcard.|
|Ore Valley||MA&PA||Springwood Rd. south of Camp Betty Washington Rd.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Orwig||Stewartstown RR||Along PA 851 between Waltemyer School Rd. and Hill Rd.||P||Residence||????||In Use||Wood|
|Red Lion||MA&PA||Main St. & First Ave.||C||Civic||????||Gone||Brick||Owned by historical society.|
|Relay||MA&PA||Fruitlyn Drive, off North Walnut St.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Northern Central (PRR)||Main Street||C||Business||1838||In Use||Wood|
|Stewartstown RR||Main St. north of Tolna Road||C||Vacant||????||Inactive||Brick||Boarded Up.|
|Springvale||MA&PA||Circle Drive off Springvale Road||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Snyderstown (Yoe)||MA&PA||7-9 East Pennsylvania Avenue, Yoe.||P||Residence||1880||Gone||Wood||See note.|
|Stewartstown||Stewartstown RR||Hill St. & Pennsylvania Ave.||C||RR/Museum||1912||In Use||Brick||See note.|
|Tolna||Stewartstown RR||Dear Creek and Windy Hill Rds.||C||Residence||????||In Use||Wood|
|Tolna||Stewartstown RR||Dear Creek and Windy Hill Rds.||F||Private||????||In Use||Wood||Across the tracks from the house-like Tolna station is this little one story freight shed. It probably served as a freight shed at some point in Tolna's history.|
|Wiley||New Park & Fawn Grove||Marsteller Road & Draco Road||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|Woodbine||MA&PA||Miller Rd. (PA425) at Muddy Creek||P||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|York||Northern Central (PRR)||North & Duke||P||Business||????||In Use||Brick||Photo studio and
|York||PRR||North & Duke||F||Business||????||In Use||Wood|
|York||WM||George & Arch||F||Business||1893||In Use||Brick|
|York||WM||200 Block of Roosevelt||F||Business||????||In Use||Wood||Fruit Distributor|
|York||MA&PA||490 E. Market||C||Business||????||In Use||Wood||Housing Authority maintenance dept.
Older photos of each section.
Glatfelters - It is a 2 story orange-ish colored brick
building. Milepost 49 is directly across from the building. Also, if you look
closely, you can see the
Hallam - A carpenter from Hallam, dismantled and
reconstructed the station at the rear of his property near 67 ?? East Market
Street in Hallam in the 1960's. Cherry Avenue (a narrow alley) runs east and
west on the north side of Market Street in Hallam. The railroad station
originally sat south of Market Street near the old Hallam Furniture Factory.
Hanover Jct. - York Co. rail/Trail Authority to start restoration of this station in the near future. It will be restored to it's 1863 time frame. It was used by the PRR, NCR, the Hanover Jct. Railway, and Western Maryland.
Laurel - The MA&PA station in Laurel was located in a general store. The building is currently used by a woodworking business. The tracks are still in place, extending about 500 feet north, and owned by an Authority of York County. Eventually, the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society hopes to extend the rail excursions operated from Muddy Creek Forks as far north as Laurel.
Muddy Creek Forks - This station was located in a large
general store built in 1900 by A.M. Grove. The station is located along a six
mile section of the original M&P mainline acquired in 1986 by the Maryland
and Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society. The store/station and
surrounding village was acquired by the Society in 1996. The buildings and
tracks are now owned by an Authority of York County. The Society has restored
the store, including the station room, to its 1920s appearance. The village is
open on Sundays during the summer and excursions are offered by the Society from
the station over 3 miles of the track.
Seven Valleys - This is the second oldest existing station in continuous use in the USA. It is now a general store. The only unscheduled closing was for four hours during the assassination of President McKinley in 1903. The waiting room still has the arrival and departures boards hanging on the wall from the 1950's, and the station masters office remains in use as the manager's office. The ticket window remains as originally constructed in 1838.
Snyderstown (Yoe) - Combination general store/post office/passenger station. Village was originally called Snyderstown, but the Postal Service rejected the name for a post office as another already existed in Pennsylvania. Town was then renamed Yoe. A second Yoe passenger/freight station was built later, across the street, and was razed by the railroad in the 1970s.
Stewartstown - Has original waiting room, ticket office, and freight house. Brick station, however second story is wood. The Railroad has been closed to tourists for a few years now since a derailment a couple years back on their Easter Bunny Train. The station is currently in poor condition with holes in the roof and a crumbling platform. Volunteers occasionally will maintain the tracks to a certain degree, but for the most part, past Tolna the railroad is abandoned with exempt signs at the grade crossings. --Thomas Gallion, 2007
York - For more information and photos on all York city and county stations see Greg Halpin's page Railroads and Railfanning In and Around York!
|Bridgeton||MA&PA||Photo is of Hack Eaton at station in 1962.|
|Delta||MA&PA||Burned down in 1965.|
|Dillsburg||Cumberland Valley||On the short Dillsburg branch of the Cumberland Valley RR.|
|Fawn Grove||New Park & Fawn Grove RR|
|Glen Rock||PRR||There is now a modern gas station on this site at Main and Water Sts.|
|New Park||New Park & Fawn Grove RR|
|Spring Grove||Northern Central|
|Strawbridge||New Park & Fawn Grove||Station was located at Marsteller & New Park Roads in Hopewell Twp. Torn down around 2005-06.|
|Yoe||York Southern||Station was built in 1896 by York Southern before the MA&PA acquired it. Photo from 1950.|
|York||WM||This passenger station was on the east side of George Street (across from the existing freight station). It was built in 1893.|