SOMERSET  COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Geiger Geiger Road at Culligan Road. P Display ???? None Wood
Hollsopple
(Benson)
Railroad Street
(GPS: 40.208590, -78.926828)
C Society 1916 In Use Wood
Meyersdale 324 Meyers Street
(GPS: 39.814985, -79.020902)
C Railroad ???? In Use Wood & Brick
Meyersdale 523 Main Street
(GPS: 39.816383, -79.020885)
C Museum 1912 Gone Brick
Rockwood Station South end of Market Street
(GPS: 39.914157, -79.151418)
C Railroad 1871 In Use Wood  
Stoystown Stoystown Lions Park on North Club Road
(GPS: 40.094701, -78.944579)
C Society ???? None Wood
Windber Graham Avenue at
14th Street
(GPS: 40.236176, -78.831565)
P Business 1916 In Use Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Acosta  
AllenVale Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
This railroad began in 1899, but the full route from Ligonier to Somerset only operated for ten years (1906-1916).
Arrow  
Barronvale Ursina &
North Fork
Railway
Although it maily hauled lumber and coal, in 1888 this railroad reported having a passenger car and income from passenger traffic. It is unclear whether the railroad had physical depots on the line.
Berlin  
Blough  
Borde  
Boswell This station was on Atkinson Way at the NW end of Stoneycreek Street (GPS: 40.163781, -79.029721).
Boynton  
Brook  
Buffalo Bridge  
Cairnbrook  
Casselman  
Casselman  
Central City  
Confluence This station was at the NE end of Baxter Street (GPS: 39.813016, -79.359713).
Confluence  
Deal  
Dumas  
Enoch  
Eureka No. 42 Mine Station  
Fairhope  
Ferrellton  
Foley  
Fort Hill  
Fort Hill  
Foustwell  
Friedens
Garrett  
Gillette Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
 
Glencoe  
Grassy Run Junction  
Hagevo  
Hillsborough  
Hocking Juntion  
Holsopple
(Benson)
Built in 1890, this station burned in July, 1915.
Hooversville  
Humbert Ursina &
North Fork
Railway
 
Husband Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
 
Husband  
Jenner  
Jerome  
Jerome Junction  
Kanter  
Kesslerville Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
This station is shown on the 1915 county map.
Keystone Station  
Landstreet  
Laurel Summit Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
 
Lichty  
Listie  
Listonburg  
MacDonaldton  
Mance  
Markleton
Markleton Station  
Marrison  
McSpadden  
Metzler Ursina &
North Fork
Railway
 
Milford  
Mineral Spring  
Mostoller  
New Ashtola  
Niver Junction  
North Fork  
Paint  
Paint Creek Station  
Philson  
Pine Hill  
Pinkerton  
Quemahoning Junction  
Ralphton  
Randolph  
Reitz  
Roberts  
Rowena  
Salisbury Junction  
Sand Patch  
Seanor  
Shamrock  
Sipesville Station  
Somerfield This town was on National Road (now US 40) until town was demolished in 1940s to build Youghiogheny Dam and Reservoir.
Somerset This station was on the south side of East Patriot Street at South Pleasant Street (GPS: 40.007401, -79.073951).
Somerset Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
 
Stahls Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
This station is shown on the 1915 county map.
Stoughton  
Unamis  
Ursina  
Ursina Ursina &
North Fork
Railway
Although it maily hauled lumber and coal, in 1888 this railroad reported having a passenger car and income from passenger traffic. It is unclear whether the railroad had physical depots on the line. It may have used the B&O station in Ursina.
Wellersburg  
Wells Creek  
West Salisbury
Branch Station
  The Salisbury RR later became part of the B&O.
Williams  
Wilson Creek  
Wilson Creek Junction  
Windber The original station here was on 15th Street between Graham and Somerset Streets (GPS: 40.235783, -78.830675).
Worth  
Zimmerman  
Zufall Pittsburgh
Westmoreland
&
Somerset RR
 
1895 SOMERSET COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Geiger (B&O) - This station may have been built by predecessor railroad Pittsburgh & Connellsville. It was moved from it's original location.

Holsopple (B&O) - The original station burned down and this replaced it in 1916. It was repainted in 2008. See the Holsopple Station Website for more information..

Stoystown (B&O) - This station was  moved from its original location. It has been completely restored by Amish craftsman. The station now houses the Stoystown Historical Society.