|Andreas||West side of Andreas Road just south of Lizard Creek
|Ashland||East Spruce Street||F||1900||Business||In Use||Brick|
|Ashland||Hoffman Boulevard||C||1855||Vacant||In Use||Stone|
|Auburn||Front Street||P||1903||Residence||In Use||Brick|
|Barnesville||Intersection of PA54 and CR-1018
(GPS: 40.814766, -76.030928)
|BRANCH DALE||PA 209||P||????||Residence||Gone||Wood|
|Cressona||Front Street next to overpass||P||1911||Storage||In Use||Brick|
|East Mahanoy Junction||Off State Rd.(Township Rd. #891)||C||1917||Residence||In Use||Wood|
|Tuckerton Road in Temple (Berks Co.)||F||Railroad||1905||In Use||Wood|
|Gilberton||Main Street at Gravel Pit||C||1880||Business||In Use||Wood|
|Hecksherville||Located in a field opposite 793 Valley Road, Pottsville, PA.||F||????||Vacant||Gone||Wood|
|Irving||Pine Grove Historical Society, 205 North Tulpehocken Street, Pine Grove||C||????||Museum||None||Wood|
|mCaDOO||East Taylor Street||C||1908||Residence||In Use||Wood|
|Minersville||113 Sunbury Street||C||1913||Civic||In Use||Brick/
|Molino||Penn Street at Clinton Street in Port Clinton
|Moyers||Moyers Station Road near PA895||C||1887||Residence||Gone||Wood|
|New Ringgold||Penn Street at Clinton Street in Port Clinton
|Port Clinton||Railroad Avenue
|Pottsville||101 East Union Street
|rock||Covered Bridge Road (first house on the right south of 895 - Rock Rd.)||C||1900||Residence||Gone||Wood|
|Schuylkill Haven||West Main Street
|Shenandoah||South Main Street||F||1910||Storage||Gone||Wood|
|South corner of PA309 and PA895 in Snyders.
(GPS: 40.720185, -75.858418)
|Swatara||Off US 209||P||1918||Hunting Shack||In Use||Wood|
|Tamaqua||Mauch Chunk Street (PA 309) and Broad Street||P||1874||Civic||In Use||Brick/
|Tremont||Pine Street and North Crescent Street
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Adamsdale||Built by the Pennsylvania & Schuylkill Valley Railroad which was leased by the PRR starting in 1885.|
|Andreas||This station was on the east side of Andreas Road on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.748817, -75.791253). The station was closed in 1935.|
|Ashland||Prior to sharing a station with the P&R, there was an original LV station here that was built in 1879.|
|Ashland||Shared by the P&R and Lehigh Valley railroads.|
|Ashland||This station was located on South Railroad Street near the existing freight station. There is a Dollar general store there now.|
|Auburn||The first station here was between the tracks of the Schuylkill & Susquehanna RR and the P&R. It was NE of Deiter Snyder Street (see 1875 county map). There was a freight house to the SE.|
|Barnesville||The station shown here on the 1875 map is labeled as a store/post office/ticket office.|
|Barnesville||Built in 1928, this station was at intersection of PA54 and CR-1018 (GPS: 40.814766, -76.030928). It was torn down in 2015.|
|Bear Run Junction|
|Blackwood||A shelter-type station was built here in 1889. It went out of service around 1900.|
|Boston Run was formerly called Wiggan and this was probably the first station there, a simple shelter.|
|Brandonville||The station was on what is now Main Boulevard just south of Brandonville. On the 1875 county atlas it is labeled "Mahanoy Station." Brandonville station was opened in 1854 as "Mahanoy Station" since (at that time) it was the closest station to Mahanoy City. The tracks finally reached Mahanoy City in 1862, but it remained on the maps as "Mahanoy Station."|
|This station was ont he south side US-209 at approximately GPS: 40.74781,-76.065227.|
|Brookside||When business trailed off here, this station was moved to West End (see below).|
|Buck Mountain||This station was located about 100 yards from the north portal of the Mahanoy Tunnel.|
|Coaldale||In 1875 the station was on the west side of 1st Street on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 40.827401,-75.904208).|
|Colorado||There were two stations here in 1875. One was near Colorado Colliery #1, and the other was east on the line where a branch went north to Colorado Colliery #2.|
|Connor||Built around 1882.|
|Cressona||The original freight station was built here in the 1860s followed by the first passenger station some time later.|
|Cressona||Second Cressona station. Was on the line between Schuylkill Haven and Pottsville south of Pottsville Street. This stop may have been known as "Fairgrounds" or may be the same station listed as "Connor." Served the site of the Schuylkill County Fairgrounds pre WWII. ALCOA later bought the Fairgrounds site for their plant.|
|Cumbola||This station was on the south side of the tracks (and river). A foot bridge over the river was used for access to the station from the town.|
|Delano||The original station here was on the SE side of Hazle Street on the NE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.839135,-76.071203).|
|Delano||Built in 1930 this station sat near the intersection of Hazle and Hickory Streets. It was demolished in 2002. Some have claimed that this building was not a station, but rather a division office. Can someone confirm that with a picture of the actual station that supposedly sat nearby?|
|DONALDSON||Although several people have claimed otherwise, the existing building next to the tracks on Martin Street is NOT a railroad station. It is a warehouse that was built in 1970. Does anyone have an old photo of the station?|
|Drehersville||An original Little Schuylkill RR station is shown here on the 1875 map.|
|East Mahanoy Junction|
|Exmoor||This combination station was built around 1902.|
|Fowlers Station||This was the first station east of Shenandoah.|
|Frackville||In 1875 the station was on the north side of East Frack Street on the west side fo the tracks (GPS: 40.785448,-76.230193).|
|Girard Manor||A station is shown here on the 1875 map when this was the Catawissa RR.|
|According to the 1875 map, this station was on the west side of 3rd Street south of Girard Street (now Main St.) (GPS: 40.791378,-76.281177).|
|Girardville||Built in 1880.|
|Good Spring||Built in 1890|
|Gordon||In 1875, this station was located at GPS: 40.752816,-76.344219.|
|Gordon||Smaller photo shows P&R yards and depot looking west.|
|Haucks Station||This station was on the south side of the intersection of Chruch Road and Fairview Street (GPS: 40.831127,-76.029221).|
|Hazleton Junction||May have originally been called Summit Station (not to be confused with the other Summit Station in Wayne Township).|
|Hecla||Originally a station on the Little Schuylkill RR.|
|Keffers Station||Built 1879.|
|Landingville||Both passenger and freight stations are shown on the 1875 map.|
|Locustdale||This station was built in 1860 and retired around 1940.|
|Lorberry Junction||In 1875 the depot here was right at the Pine Grove/Tremont township line. A.K.A. just "Junction Station."|
|Mahanoy City||This station was on North Main Street at Brandonville Road (GPS: 40.814978,-76.14241).|
|Mahanoy City||The first station here was at East Railroad Street and Third Street (GPS: 40.813972,-76.138558).|
|Mahanoy City||This station was at North Main and Railroad Streets.|
|Mahanoy Plane||The first station here was east of Bridge Street at GPS: 40.793311,-76.240954.|
|Mahanoy Tunnel||This station was off PA-54 (Barnesville Drive) (GPS: 40.813525,-76.090204).|
|Maizeville||In 1875 the station was on the east side of McKinley Avenue on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 40.79695,-76.225934).|
|Malvin||A station is shown here near the Malvin Colliery in 1875. This was NE of Mahanoy City and slightly SW of Shoemakers at GPS: 40.829658,-76.132636.|
|Middleport||This combination station was on Union Street (PA209) between Washington and St. Clair Streets.|
|Middle Station||This was an early station on the Little Schuylkill RR. It was north of Port Clinton.|
|Mine Hill Crossing||
|Minersville||In 1875 this station was on the north side of Seltzer Road (at Penn Street) on the east side of the tracks (GPS: 40.691418,-76.255041).|
|Mintzers||A frame shelter was constructed here in 1894 and went out of service in 1936.|
|New Castle Station||
|The station was on the west side of the tracks. Shown on 1875 map.|
|New Philadelphia||The original Schuylkill Valley RR depot here was on the SW side of SR-2003 (Water Street) on the SE side of the tracks (GPS: 40.719168,-76.115127). Was the later P&R station at this location as well?|
|North Pine Grove|
|Orwigsburg||The passenger and freight stations were on the west side of Station Road.|
|Pine Grove||Built in 1854, this combination station was acquired from the Schuylkill & Susquehanna RR.|
|According to the 1875 map, the station here was on the NE side of Commerce Street just north of Hickory Street (GPS: 40.694712,-76.170809).|
|Port Carbon||In 1875 this station was at the east end of Main Street at Conrad Street on the north side of the tracks (GPS: 40.69542,-76.157184).|
|Port Clinton||The first station here was built in 1873.|
|Port Clinton||This passenger station was located approximately where the current Reading & Northern station is south of town (GPS: 40.576323,-76.024822). It was built in 1899 to replce the station listed above. The freight station was on the south side of Broad Street on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.579851,-76.026882).|
|Pottsville||This station was built in 1887 and sat on Norwegian and Railroad Streets. Demolished in 1963 to make room for a parking lot.|
|Pottsville||The original freight station here was near where Washington street used to cross what is now Progress Street (both roads no longer go through here) (GPS: 40.682143,-76.192052). This station is shown on the map from 1875.|
|This station was on the west side of 12th Street between West Race and West Arch Streets (GPS: 40.683128,-76.206107). This railway later became part of the P&R. The station is shown on the 1875 map of the city.|
|Pottsville||Built in 1886.|
|This station was in the vicinity of West Laurel and North 16th Street (now Lengel Middle School site). Shared with Lehigh Valley, this station was on a stub branch that entered Pottsvile from the line to Minersville. The branch shows on Google Map serving Honeywell Films between Westwood and Woodglen Roads.|
|Pottsville||The CNJ may have used the P&R station here.|
|Quakake||This station was built in 1871 and was at the west end of Main Street at the curve.|
|Reevesdale||This station was on the north side of US-209 on the south side of the tracks at (GPS: 40.782897,-76.008375).|
|I believe the original name for this station was Centerville as shown on the 1875 map.|
|There was a Schuylkill and Susquehanna station here in 1875. It was on what is now Loop Road just south of Rock Road (PA-895) onthe south side of the tracks (GPS:40.541257,-76.301379).|
|Schuylkill Haven||Built by the Pennsylvania Schuylkill Valley Railroad which was leased by the PRR starting in 1885.|
|Schuylkill Haven||This was the first RDG station which sat on the same site as the existing 1901 station (40.628684,-76.172848).|
|Schuylkill Haven||This freight station was near the passenger station.|
|Shenandoah||This station was located near the corner of Lloyd & Lehigh Streets (GPS: 40.821596,-76.199069). It was demolished in the 1950s.|
|Shenandoah||This station was on the corner of East Center and Union Streets (GPS: 40.821182,-76.195947).|
|Sheppton||This station was moved by rail on November 22, 1908 to Sheppton. It originally stood at Roan Juntion.|
|South Good Spring||Built in 1890.|
|Spring Garden Junction|
|St. Clair||There were two station in St. Clair a half mile apart. This main station was located on the north end of Third Street.|
|This P&R station was located on the west end of Patterson Street. It saw fewer stops than the main station on the Third Street.|
|St. Nicholas||Built around 1880, this station was located off PA54. There was a Mahonoy & Broad Mountain RR station here before that as shown on the 1875 map.|
|Stanhope Station||In 1875 there was a short spur here that went north from the depot to the Stanhope Furnace and Star Iron Company.|
|Built around 1870.|
|Tamanend Junction||The 1875 map shows the location of a "proposed station" on the west side of the tracks.|
|Tamanend Junction||The 1875 map shows a station here on the east side of the tracks.|
|Tremont||The original combination station here was located at approximately the current location of the existing RDG station at Pine Street and North Crescent Street (GPS: 40.629979,-76.39015). It burned down in January, 1904.|
|Tuscarora||This station was on the east side of Broad Street at Cedar Street (now gone).|
|West End||This station was originally at Brookside, but moved to West End when business at Brookside subsided.|
|Williams Valley Junction||Built around 1880.|
|Yatesville||Not to be confused with the Yatesville in Luzerne County.|
|York Farm Junction|
|1895 Schuylkill County Railroad Map|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Branchdale (MH&SH) - Currently use as a post office and residence. Can anyone confirm that this is in fact a MH&SH station and provide more info?
Donaldson (RDG) - Used as a workshop for a trucking company.
East Mahanoy Junction (RDG) - RR water tower nearby. Another Photo.
Frackville (RDG) - Moved from Frackville to Temple (Berks Co.) in 1984 by the Blue Mtn. & Reading.
Gilberton (RDG) - Now a scale house at the Gilberton Coal Co. Moved in 1955.
Hecksherville (RDG) - There is also what appears to be an engine house on this site.
McAdoo (LV) - Moved about 100 feet away from the active R&N tracks.
Minersville (RDG) - This station has been restored.
Molino (RDG) - Moved in 1968. At the Northern Berks/Southern Schuylkill Historical Association Transportation Museum in Port Clinton.
Moyers (RDG) - The tracks were removed here in 1944.
New Ringgold (RDG) - Moved in 1973. At the Northern Berks/Southern Schuylkill Historical Association Transportation Museum in Port Clinton.
Port Clinton (R&N) - This replica station was built by the Reading & Northern and is used for its headquarters.
Pottsville (RDG) - Only restored headhouse remains.
Rock (RDG) - This building served as ticket office, express office, post office and general store.
Schuylkill Haven (RDG) - Architect was Alex Smith of Reading. Station is now used as the borough hall.
Shenandoah (PRR) - PRR right of way from Frackville to St Nicholas (original line to Shenandoah) was obtained from the P&R in a trade. The PRR received the remainder of the P&R (S&S) line to Rockville along the Susquehanna.
Snyders (LV) - West Penn was located near the village of Snyders. The station was moved to Mountain Road in the mid-1950's. It was moved a second time to its current location.
Tamaqua (RDG) - Restoration completed. Now houses a museum and restaurant.
Tremont (RDG) - Now houses the Tremont Nursing Home office.