|Akron||NW corner of Fulton and Front Streets.
|Akron||NW corner of Fulton and Front Streets.
|Baumgardner||Frogtown & Baumgardner Roads||C||Business||1880||Gone||Wood|
|Bird-In-Hand||Main Streetr at overpass||F||Business||1871||In Use||Brick|
|3540 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster||C||Business||1879||Gone||Brick|
|Christiana||Green Street & West Slokum||P||Business||1900||In Use||Stucco|
|Christiana||Green Street & West Slokum||C||Civic||1882||In Use||Brick|
|Columbia||Walnut & Front Streets||P||Business||????||In Use||Stone|
|Columbia||Bank Avenue near Union Streets||F||Vacant||????||Gone||Brick|
|Columbia||Near 9th & Blunston (915 Lancaster Avenue, behind bank)||F||Business||????||Gone||Brick|
|Cordelia (Ironville)||Ironville Pike at ski shop.||C||Storage||1921||Gone||Stone|
|Dorsey||Half mile east of Peach Bottom||C||Vacant||1870||Gone||Wood|
|East Petersburg||PA741 & PA897 in East Strasburg||C||Museum||1900||In Use||Wood|
|Elizabethtown||Wilson Avenue off West High Street.||P||Railroad||1915||In Use||Stone/
|Elizabethtown||Wilson Avenue, 1 block east of the passenger station.||F||Vacant||????||In Use||Wood|
|Ephrata||Northeast side of Main Street, just SE of State Street.
|Fulton||Off U.S. 222 in village.||C||Civic||1870||Gone||Wood|
|Goshen||Goshen Road & Pilgrims Path Road (off PA 272)||P||Residence||1906||Gone||Wood|
|Lancaster||McGovern & North Queen Street||P||Railroad||1928||In Use||Brick|
|Landisville||Snavely Lumber Yard on Main Street at railroad crossing.||P||Vacant||1930||In Use||Wood|
|Stock Lumber where RT. 30 crosses the railroad (in Paradise).||F||Office||1880||In Use||Brick|
|Leola||Horseshoe Road & Maple Avenue at Stauffers||C||Business||1900||In Use||Wood|
|Limerock||Limerock Road off PA772||C||Residence||1900||In Use||Wood|
|Lititz||Lititz Springs Park||R||Civic||1999||In Use||Brick|
|Lititz||Water Street||F||Vacant||????||In Use||Brick|
|Manheim||210 South Charlotte Street||C||Museum||????||In Use||Wood|
|Marietta||Front & Perry Streets||F||????||1860||In Use||Brick|
|Millway||East side of Meadow Valley Road (between Cocalico Road and Briar Road).||P||Business||1907||Gone||Brick/
|Narvon||Narvon Road across from quarry entrance.||C||Garage||1880||Gone||Wood|
|New Providence||Main Street near Pennsy Road behind the Refton Ambulance Building.||C||Storage||????||Gone||Wood|
|Refton||Across from Feed Mill||C||Storage||????||Gone||Wood|
|Reinholds||PA897 at tracks.||C||RR Office||????||In Use||Wood|
|Salunga||Stoney Battery Road, Oak Lane and West Brandt Boulevard.
|West Willow||730 Millwood Road||C||Church||1875||????||Wood|
|White Rock||Along creek near covered bridge.||C||Residence||????||Gone||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Bainbridge||It may be that this station was destroyed in a flood, as pictured, and was replaced by the station listed above.|
|In the photo, Richard Leber is 2nd from the left in the picture. He acted as a station master, ticket agent, and caretaker.|
|Cordelia||This is the original Cordelia depot, although this photo appears to be newer than 1927 when the the current building was purportedly built on the same foundation.|
|Elizabethtown||This station predates the 1915 station that is still standing.|
|Elizabethtown||This freight station was on Wilson Avenue, one block east of the passenger station. It was demolished on April 30, 2013 to make way for an expanded Amtrak parking lot. The PRR constructed the freight building in 1912. The Railway Express Agency operated the station from 1929 to 1972.|
|Florin||This town sat between Mt. Joy and Rheems on the PRR main.|
|Gap||Freight station. Was located on Pequea Avenue just NW of Resevoir Avenue (GPS: 39.987507,-76.021088). Torn down by Amtrak in February, 2011 after having been vacant and run down for many years. It was the style of the other very early brick railroad buildings on this line and may be a leftover of the Philadelphia and Columbia Railroad era. Some sources say it was built in the 1850s and some say 1884.|
|Lititz||Built in 1884 and designed by Frank Furness. It was demolished in 1957 so new park entrance could be built. However, an exact replica was rebuilt in 1999 on the same site (see existing station in above table).|
|Millway||It appears that this was the original station and that the building across the tracks, J.H. Reitz's Warehouse, also served as the station for some time (based on some of the old photos).|
|Mt. Joy||From 1836-1876, the Exchange Hotel on the corner of Barabra and Main Streets served as the station. The line was originally known as the Harrisburg, Portsmouth, Mt. Joy & Lancaster RR. It crossed West Main and traveled on the north side of town to Barbara Street where it jogged south toward where the current line is today. Remnants of this old main line can still be seen on the north side of town.|
|Mt. Joy||The railroad built its first station in 1876. It was located on North Market Street across from Spangler's Flour Mill. It served until 1896.|
|Mt. Joy||This station was built in 1896 and was located at Delta & Henry Streets when the railroad built the "big ditch" cut for the new mainline. It was torn down in January, 1976. The old platforms are still used by Amtrak and the site of the station is now a parking lot.|
|Peach Bottom||Peach Bottom, York County and Peach Bottom, Lancaster County were across the Susquehanna River from each other, but the PRR was on the Lancaster County side of the river. The Maryland & Pennsylvania RR (and it's predecessors) served Peach Bottom in York County. Peach Bottom in York County is now under water due to a dam being built downstream from it.|
|1895 LANCASTER COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
|Notes About Existing
Akron (R&C) - This station was in it origional condition until 2009 when it was converted into apartments.
Christiana (PRR - Passenger) - This is an interesting one-story structure built of brick, stucco and "half-timber" style, with a low hipped roof. Philadelphia and Columbia RR stone blocks are found in curious places throughout the town.
Christiana (PRR - Combination) - Restored by the Lancaster chapter of the NRHS. Originally used for freight and passengers, later just for freight.
Columbia (R&C) - Restored in 2001.
Cordelia (RDG) - Only remaining flag stop in Lancaster Co. Rebuilt on earlier foundation. Roof sheathing is old wood walls including the station sign.
East Petersburg (RDG) - At the RR Museum of Pennsylvania. This station was moved to East Strasburg from East Petersburg. It was formerly on the Reading and Columbia branch of the Reading RR. The station was designed by Frank Furness ("Frank Furness, The Complete Works" by G. Thomas/J Cohen/M. Lewis, Revised ed., 1996).
Gap (PRR) - This is a freight station. The passenger station was located about 100 feet to the east (track direction). It is in very poor condition (a tree is growing through part of the roof!). It is in the style of the other very early brick railroad buildings on this line and may be a leftover of the Philadelphia and Columbia Railroad era.
Landisville (PRR) - Station is built on foundation of old tower that controlled crossing of Reading. There is office in the station for the tower operator.
Lititz (Replica) - The original station at Lititz was demolished in 1957. The replica of the Lititz passenger station was built in the exact spot the original station stood. It is along the tracks and in the park (the tracks boarder the one side of the park). The tracks end on the east side of town about 1/4 mile past the freight station. At one time the tracks continued onto Ephrata, Denver, and Reading. The line was known as the Reading and Columbia branch on the Reading Railroad. Today the tracks no longer exist between Lititz and Ephrata. -- Jeff Smith
Marietta (PRR) - The building across the street that now houses the Railroad House B&B also served as station for a brief time before the railroad built the station.
Refton (PRR) - On Quarryville track which was abandoned in 1972.
Salunga (PRR) - This building was in fact the Salunga PRR station. When the tracks were realigned in the mainline improvement project in the 1890's, the building was sold to the Conestoga Traction company and used as a rotary station. The obvious evidence is the sturdiness of the structure and the presence of platforms and the street is named Railroad Ave. It is also shown in Bridgens Atlas (1889) as PRR (Lancaster County Historical Society). It is also reported as an existing building when bought by the Conestoga Traction Company in 1898 (CTC Annual Report 1900). - Kevin Landis