|Butler||McLain & Spring Streets||F||????||????||????||Brick|
|Fenelton||Carbon Center Road||C||House||????||None||Wood|
|Mars||Mars-Valencia Road||C||Civic||1897||In Use||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Annandale||On the Hilliard Branch.|
|Blacksburg||This station was somewhere near the Butler/Armstrong County line. I have also seen it referred to as Blackburn.|
|Bovard||On the Hilliard Branch.|
|Branchton||This was the beginning of the Hilliard Branch.|
|Brinker Station||There was a Butler Branch RR station here in 1874.|
|Butler||In 1874 there was a Butler Branch RR station on the SW corner of East Jefferson and South Monroe Streets (GPS: 40.86084,-79.888791).|
|Butler Junction||This station sat just over the county line in Allegheny County near Freeport. However, on the 1876 Armstrong County map, the station is shown on the Butler side of the county line.|
|In 1874 there was a Butler Branch RR station here when the town was known as Saxon City.|
|Evans City||Passenger station.|
|Evans City||Freight station.|
|Ferris||On the Hilliard Branch.|
|In 1874 there was a Butler Branch RR station here when the town was known as Coyles Station.|
|Harrisville Sta.||There was a station here as early as 1874 when the line was the Shenango & Allegheny RR.|
|Herman Station||There was a Butler Branch RR station here in 1874.|
|Hilliard||On the Hilliard Branch.|
|"Isle" was the name chosen by the railroad, but in 1906 the residents of the town wanted it to be known as Prospect (which was nearby).|
|Keenan||On the Hilliard Branch.|
|In 1874 there was a Butler Branch RR station here when the town was known as Delano. It was on Railroad Street at Elder Street on the east side of the tracks. It was a combination station/store/post office.|
|There was a Butler Branch RR station here in 1874. This station was located just to the west of where the line crossed Little Buffalo Creek just to the west of the confluence of the Little Buffalo with Buffalo Creek. Monroeville is now known as Silverville.|
|Portersville||This town was flooded in 1965 when Lake Arthur was created.|
|The Western Allegheny RR ran from West Pittsburg to Queen
Junction. It was later part of the BR&P which was later part of the B&O.
The line connected with the B&LE at Queen Jct.
Some stations along the line were East New Castle (Punkintown), Princeton, Rose Point, Isle, Grant City and Grantboro. Those last few towns are gone now, having been erased by dam/lake in the late 1960s. The line followed the Muddy Creek Valley right through the middle of what is Lake Aurthur today. You can still see the line emerge from the water on the NE corner of the lake.
|There was a Butler Branch RR station here in 1874.|
|West Winfield||This station was also known as Rough Run. Photo also shows PPG mine. The Winfield RR was later part of the West Penn RR.|
|1895 BUTLER COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
|Notes About Existing
Fenelton (BR&P) - Moved in 1956 about one-third mile from original location.
Harmony (B&O) - Moved and attached to another building.
Mars (B&O) - The Mars railroad station was relocated in August of 1999. It was moved down the line across from the B&O caboose. Over the next four years the station received a new coat of paint. Just recently ago the society received a 1921 Plymouth diesel and a small platform car. The society also constructed a replica of a small railroad shed.