|Ashville||Madison & Cromley Sts. 25 yds. W. of NS tracks.||P||Museum||1875||In Use||Wood|
|Bainbridge||Green's Heritage Museum, SR 762 and Thrailkill Rd. at Orient||C||Museum||????||None||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Circleville||The freight house was east of the passenger station and on the north side of East Ohio Street. It was demolished in 1998.|
|Circleville||Prior to sharing the C&MV station, the Scioto Valley had its own station on the south side of Houston Street just west of Court Street. This depot is shown on Sanborn maps from 1884-1899, but is replaced by a vacant lot as of the 1927 map.|
|This station was on South Court Street.
It was demolished on August 28, 2013.
The Scioto Valley Railway and its purchaser, the N&W, used some of the station by lease. The C&MV umbrella sheds extended west of the station. The N&W had dual umbrella sheds along its two track main. Just to the north of the station was the interlocking tower run by the N&W but operated by joint agreement. In those days and the not too distant past the N&W had much more traffic than the C&MV. Adjacent to the north of the station is a concrete abutment that was the overpass for the Scioto Valley Traction line. It still has SVTCo cast in its face. Along the C&MV tracks to the east was the C&MV freight house. This was used by the N&W/NS signal maintainers after the collapse of the PRR and the abandonment of the C&MV (N&W got the switching rights). This structure was torn down because it nearly fell down around 1998. The N&W freight house was west bound (north) of the station and was at the north edge of Circleville just south of the home signal for the tracks to the mills and canning factories. That building was torn down in March, 1999. -- Gary Rolih.
|Circleville||The N&W freight house sat to the west of the end of North Scioto Street. It was torn down in March, 1999.|
|Kinderhook||This station was on Kinderhook Road (County Highway 101).|
|New Holland||This station was on the north side of the tracks on the west side of East Street. The structure was two separate buildings covered by one common roof, with the freight station closer to East Street. The portion of the building that housed the passenger station was built first, appearing on 1899 maps. By the time of 1907 map, the freight station has been added with the roof covering both buildings.|
|This station was south of Williamsport on County Highway 23.|
|1898 PICKAWAY COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
|Notes About Existing
Ashville (Scioto Valley Railway) - Caboose nearby. Included in the National Register of Historic Places. Has a collection of authentic Scioto Valley Railroad memorabilia, some of which was found in the attic of the building when it was renovated in 1976. The process of saving the station was captured in an award-winning slide show (Community Development Society of America, National Trust, International Visual Sociological Society, etc.). A sign in the building captured the sentiment of all who worked on the community project and later became a well-worn phase in the self-reliant community development movement, "The only thing the government gave us was a hassle." The story of Ashville's struggle to save their station was chronicled in Small Town magazine. -- Bob Hines
Bainbridge (Ohio Southern) - Moved from Bainbridge in Ross Co.