|Curtice||Now at York Street in Bellevue||P||Museum||1882||None||Wood|
|Danbury||Napoleon Street, Fremont, Sandusky County.||P||Business||????||In Use||Wood|
|Elmore||Between Maple and Ottawa Streets in
Walter Ory Park.
|Genoa||North Railroad Street
|Lacarne||Behind 5540 Railroad Street on Ontario Street||C||Storage||????||Gone||Wood|
|Oak Harbor||South Railroad Street east of North Church Street||C||Railroad||1872||In Use||Wood|
|Rocky Ridge||Rocky Ridge Rd. at tracks||C||House||????||In Use||Wood|
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Camp Perry||There was an LS&MS passenger and freight station that was located inside the Camp Perry base. Both were built in 1907. The frame freight station was destroyed in storm on June 24, 1998.|
|Genoa||Photo shows passenger and freight stations. The freight station was built in 1866 and served as the passenger depot until the new station was constructed across the tracks in 1872. The passenger station was on South Railroad Street at Superior Street (GPS: 41.519656,-83.361573). It was torn down in 1972, while the 1866 station remains.|
|Gypsum||This combination station was on the north side of the tracks at the corner of North Railroad Street and Lake Street (Gypsum Road). A frame station was built here in 1873 and replaced by a brick station in 1906 to accommodate increased business from local fruit growers. The Island & Gypsum Fruit Company and Catawba Island Fruit Cooperative also had large warehouses near the tracks.|
|Marblehead||Was on SR163 across from fire department. Was demolished during summer 2002 because of poor condition.|
|Oak Harbor||This combination station was on Center Street between Main and Water. It was torn down in the mid-1980s.|
|Port Clinton||This station was built in 1872 and sat on East State Street (formerly Railroad Street) at Lincoln Drive (formerly Depot Street). When the tracks were elevated through town in 1927, the station was moved to the west on State Street (North Railroad) near Fulton Street and elevators were installed for baggage and stairs for passenger access. The passenger station was demolished in 1968. There was a freight station on the opposite side of the tracks from the original passenger station location. This may have been demolished or moved concurrent with track elevation.|
|Williston||The photo shows the station after it was moved to a farm near Bono in the late 1950s. Is it still standing there?|
|1898 OTTAWA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
|Notes About Existing
Curtice (W&LE) - Moved to NKP Museum in Bellevue.
Danbury (LS&MS/L&M) - Now a barber shop in Fremont. The station was known as Marblehead Junction prior to 1904. It was changed to Danbury to avoid confusion since the station was not in Marblehead. The station was the transfer between the LS&MS mainline and the L&M. The station sat for some time in a cornfield to the rear of its original location in Danbury. It was then moved to the faux Fort Firelands on 163 and Bridge Rd. in Danbury and then finally to its current location in Fremont.
Elmore (LS&MS) - The freight station, which was the original passenger station, used to sit to the northwest across the tracks (when there were tracks). The station is now used by the Elmore Historical Society and the Elmore Railroad Club. The club has an operational HO scale model train layout and meets Tueseday nights at 7:00.
Genoa (LS&MS) - This building served as a freight station from 1872, but is the original passenger station which was built in 1866.
Lacarne (LS&MS) - In the backyard of a residence.
Lakeside (L&M) - Concealed by fence. Slated to be restored.
Rocky Ridge (LS&MS) - Depot has been moved slightly.