MEIGS COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Middleport Dave Diles Village Park, Mill Street. F Civic ???? Gone Wood  
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Carpenter  
Dexter  
Dyesville  
Pomeroy This station was on the south side of East Main Street between Sycamore and Linn. It was on the bank of the river and was probably demolished after the 1912 flood. The HV freight station was on West main Street, just north of Ebenezer Street near where McDonalds sits today (as of 2009).
Pomeroy
AND
As of the 1916 map, and probably a few years prior, the HV and K&M shared a platform and small baggage shed on the river side of Main Street near Sycamore. Ticket offices for the railroads were located in pre-existing buildings on the other side of Main Street. The K&M ticket office was housed in a movie theater on the corner of Sycamore and Main. The HV ticket office was in a building on the opposite corner across Sycamore and was probably there until the end of passenger service.
Hobson
Langsville  
Middleport The first CHV&T passenger station was building on the south side of Walnut at the corner with Front Street. On the 1888 the building is called a "RR Office," but by 1893 it was called a depot. On the 1899 Sanborn Map, the station carries the notation "to be moved," even though the same map shows a new, larger combination station in place on the south side of Race Street at Front Street. On subsequent maps, this original station is gone having been moved or demolished. Is this the building that is now in Dave Diles Park??
Middleport
AND
This station was on the south side of Race Street at Front Street.
Rutland  
1898 MEIGS COUNTY RAILROAD MAP