HAMILTON COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Current
Use
Date
Built
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
Cincinnati 1301 Western Avenue
(GPS: 39.109965, -84.537513)
P Museum 1929 In Use Limestone
Cincinnati 2787 Spring Grove Avenue
(GPS: 39.131995, -84.537532)
F Business ???? Gone Brick
Cincinnati 2815 Spring Grove Avenue
(GPS: 39.133131, -84.537851)
F Vacant ???? Gone Brick  
Cincinnati 664-700 West Pete Rose Way (Formerly 2nd Street) between I-75 (formerly the location of Smith Street) and Gest Street (formerly Mills Street). (GPS: 39.095740, -84.522879) F Business 1904 Gone Brick
Cincinnati 2801 Spring Grove Avenue
(GPS: 39.132556, -84.537681)
F Business ???? Gone Brick
Elmwood Place 15 East 66th Street
(GPS: 39.189337, -84.484503)
C Business ???? None Wood
Glendale Greenville Avenue at Village Square
(GPS: 39.271147, -84.459191)
C Museum 1880 In Use Brick
Madeira 7701 Railroad Avenue
(GPS: 39.188155, -84.363068)
P Restaurant 1871 In Use Wood  
Milford SR 126 at US 50
(GPS: 39.171840, -84.299659)
P Business 1844 Gone Wood
Mount Washington West side of Sutton Avenue at corner of Benneville Street
(GPS: 39.087995, -84.390308)
C Civic 1902 Gone Brick
Norwood Forest & Harris Avenues
(GPS: 39.162308, -84.446376)
F Railroad 1960 In Use Brick  
Norwood 2863 Harris Place
(GPS: 39.162554, -84.437677)
P Society 1933 In Use Brick  
Norwood
(Hopkins Ave.)
4226 Montgomery Road (At the intersection of Ashland Avenue, Lafayette Avenue, and Montgomery Road)
(GPS: 39.155444, -84.459419)
P Business 1888 Gone Wood
Sharonville 3327 Creek Road, Depot Square
(GPS: 39.270176, -84.413437)
P Business ???? None Wood  
Silverton Montgomery Avenue between Highland Avenue and Parkview Lane.
(GPS: 39.192183, -84.403510)
P Civic 1976 In Use Wood
St. Bernard West side of Vine Street at Oak Street
(GPS: 39.171924, -84.497500)
P Railroad ???? In Use Wood  
Winton Place Heritage Village Museum in Sharon Woods
(GPS: 39.279092, -84.399722)
P Museum 1872 None Wood
Woodlawn 272 Marion Road
(GPS: 39.252029,-84.466559)
C Residence
(Vacant)
???? None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Addyston Although some believe the Cleves station was the same as the Addyston station, the two towns has separate stations (as did North Bend) at one time. According to the 1938 Sanborn Fire Map of Addyston, the depot was located on the east side of what was called Depot Road. This station was at the southwest corner of the former U.S. Pipe & Foundry Company. I believe this location is now well within the confines of the Bayer Polymers Division complex.
Ancor This stop was northeast of Newtown.
Anderson's Ferry  
Arden  
Arlington Heights  
Avondale  
Blue Ash  
Bond Hill  
Brecon  
Brighton
The C&W was a short, narrow-gauge steam line that began in 1874 primarily to serve Westwood from its connection with the CH&D at Brighton. It converted to standard gauge in 1891, ended service in 1924, and was mostly torn up by 1941.
California  
Camp dennison This station was on the north side of Lincoln Avenue at Clement Street. The station was on the west side of the tracks.
Carthage This station was on the eastern corner of Lebanon and 5th Street. I believe this location is now Lebanon and East 66th Street. The station was on the SE side of the tracks.
Carthage  
Cedar point Thsi station was between California and Forestville on the CG&P.
Cincinnati This station was built in 1971 and was located on River Rd./Route 50. It was the first station built by Amtrak. The station was demolished in 2010 to make way for a highway improvement project.
Cincinnati This Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific freight station sat at Front and Vine Streets. The old passenger station for this RR was across the river in Ludlow, KY. There was also another CNO&TP freight station on the south side of Front Street (now Mehring Way) between Baymiller and Mills Street (now Gest Street). There is now a coal barge loading facility on that site. Another CNO&TP freight house was on the north side of West 2nd Street at Park Street. This freight station was next to the CW&B freight station (they were back to back with the CNO&TP station on the west side of this block and the CW&B on the east side.
Cincinnati This Chicago, Cincinnati & Louisville RR (The "Straight Line") combination station was on McLean Avenue near 8th Street. It was built in 1903. This line became part of the C&O in 1910 and passenger service was transferred to the main C&O station on 4th Street.
Cincinnati
(Court Street)
The first station here was on the SE corner of Court and Broadway Streets. It served until 1885 when the new station (listed below) opened.
Cincinnati
(Court Street)
This passenger terminal opened in December, 1885 on the north side of Court Street between Broadway and Gilbert Streets. The station also served the Ohio & Northwestern RR (Cincinnati to Gallipolis line, later part of the N&W) so it had a mix of standard and narrow gague rails approaching it. The CL&N later became part of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The station closed in March, 1933.
Cincinnati This freight station was built in 1885 along with the passenger station and replaced in 1925 (see PRR Court Street freight station below). It was used by Cincinnati and Eastern, Ohio and Northwestern, Cincinnati, Portsmouth & Virginia, and Norfolk & Western.
Cincinnati
(Oak Street)
 
Cincinnati The first station here was a temproary depot on Court Street opened when the CN ran it's first train from here on Feb. 11, 1882. The new permanent depot at Court & Broadway Streets was completed later that year with the first train running on October 23.
Cincinnati The first CH&D station was located near 5th and Baymiller Streets. It was a combination passenger and freight frame structure that was built around 1846 not long after the RR was incorporated. It served as the passenger station until 1851 when the larger new station was built. After that the building was used as a freight station and yard office.
Cincinnati The second CH&D station was built in 1851 and was a large combination station. When traffic and congestion at the station become a nuisance, a new station was built next door (see below) and this station was relegated to freight-only use.
Cincinnati
AND
This was the third CH&D station. Was on northwest corner of West 5th & Baymiller Streets next to the 1846 and 1851 stations. It opened in 1864. Railroads that used this station were: Marietta & Cincinnati (M&C), Cincinnati, Indianapolis & Western (CI&W), Chicago, Indianapolis & Louisville (CI&L, a.k.a. Monon), and Atlantic & Great Western (A&GW). The M&C only used the station for a few years before moving in as a tennant in the Plum Street Station (see listing below for CCC&St.L Plum Street). The CH&D became part of the B&O in 1917. Station was closed in September 1932.
Cincinnati
(Northside)
Located at the corner of Apple Street and Vandalia Avenue, the CH&D Northside Station was opened in 1851. It was closed in 1966.
Cincinnati
(Gest Street)
There was a freight station at the SE corner of Depot and Gest Streets.
Cincinnati
(Brighton)
There was a freight station here. This station was also used by the N&W (via a lease) to serve the west side of the city.
Cincinnati
(Cincinnati Jct.)
 
Cincinnati
(Fairmount)
There was a passenger station on the north side of Harrison on the west bank of Mill Creek (near where the Western Hills Viaduct is today). A freight station sat on the south side of Harrison.
Cincinnati
(South Side)
 
Cincinnati
(Dane Street)
This passenger station was on the east side of Dane Street just south of Chase Avenue. It was on the north side of the tracks
Cincinnati
(Eighth Street)
That station was under the 8th Street Viaduct on the west side of the tracks. See photo for specific location details.
Cincinnati The first Ohio & Mississippi RR station was on the south side of Front Street between Mill and Wood Streets and was built in 1854. It was a small wooden depot.
Cincinnati The second Ohio & Mississippi RR station was built in 1873 on the south side of Front Street between Mill and Wood Streets (on the same site as the 1854 station listed above). According to the 1887 map, there were five buildings at this site for the O&M: a outward bound freight house (with a 2-story head house), an "inward bound or receiving depot," an "express depot," and two more smaller freight houses on the east side of Mill Street.
Cincinnati The O&M had a freight house in the middle of the transfer yard off West 6th Street between German and Neave Streets.
Cincinnati  
Cincinnati This station was located on the south side of 4th Street between Smith and John Streets. In 1891 the C&O converted an old row house that was originally built in 1869 into its station here. The station was also used by the Louisville & Nashville RR. It was closed in September, 1932.
Cincinnati There was a block-long C&O frieght house on the south side of West 3rd Street between Park and Rose Streets.
Cincinnati
(Plum Street)

Located at Plum & West Pearl Streets, this station was opened in December, 1865 when the Indianapolis, Cincinnati & Lafayette RR (later part of the CCC&I and then CCC&St.L) coverted the Pearl Street Market House into its station. It then become known as the Plum Street Station and was regarded as Cincinnati's first union station. In 1883 when the "new" Union Terminal was built, this station became a freight warehouse for the Big 4. In 1887, Sanborn Fire maps show the station as "in ruins," but on the 1891 map it shows the station as "being built." It appears that the original headhouse on the east remained occupied by the Pullman Palace Car Company, but most of the structure westward was rebuilt when that part became a freight facility for the CCC&St.L. It was damaged in a fire in 1944, repaired, and finally demolished in 1961 to make way for the Mill Creek Expressway. In the early days, the station was also used by the Marietta & Cincinnati RR.
Cincinnati There was a freight house on the SW corner of West 6th and Evans Streets. There was a 16-stall B&O roundhouse just to the SE of that station.
Cincinnati There was a freight house on the block bordered by Central Avenue, West 2nd Street, Smith Street and West 3rd Street (GPS: GPS: 39.097002, -84.519704). It was built in 1889 and destroyed by fire on Sept. 30, 1900. A temporary structure was built while the RR quickly erected another permanent structure here. The temporary freight house was literally on the same site as the new freight house as construction crews use the roof of the temorary structure as a floor to built the new structure over it.
Cincinnati After the old freight house burned (see above listing), a new freight house was constructed here. It was 743' long and sat on the block bordered by Central Avenue, West 2nd Street, Smith Street and West 3rd Street (GPS: 39.097002, -84.519704). It opened on Nov. 30, 1900, after just two months of construction. The inbound platform was on the south side with the outbound platform on the north side. It was likely torn down to make way for the exressway and there is now a parking lot on this site (under the expressway).
Cincinnati
(Deer Creek)
The first station was a frame depot on the river bank east of Deer Creek. It was built around 1841 when the first section of the LM opened that year.
Cincinnati
(Pendleton)

This station, built sometime between 1843-46, was prohibited from being built in the city limits because city council feared that the locomotives disturb horses. Thus, the depot was constructed three miles from the city center in what was then called Pendleton. Rail passengers in cars embarking from the Front Street depot were pulled by horses to the corporation line at Pendleton where the cars were then transferred to locomotives. Around 1848 the site was updated with new freight houses and a new passenger station. This station complex was active until 1859 when a new station was built at Front Street in Cincinnati.
Cincinnati The original Front Street (south side of Front Street, east of Butler Street) depot was built in the 1840s. Passengers boarded the railcars there, but they were pulled by horses to Pendleton. See listing above for the story.
Cincinnati With the restrctions against locomotives in the city lifted, the second Front Street depot was built in 1853 to handle both the engines and passenger cars. It became a freight only depot in 1881 when the PCC&St.L leased the Little Miami. It was also used by the L&N at that time. The station burned down in 1889. The L&N constructed its own freight house on this site after that.
Cincinnati This was the Torrence Road station on the East side, built in 1907. The stone foundations of this station are existing; part of which has boarded up doors and windows in it. There are enough remnants to somewhat make out the use. There was an elevator there to carry passengers to a bridge across the tracks since it was built into a hillside. The exact location is between Riverside Drive and Columbia Parkway just to the NW of St. Rosa Roman Catholic Church. This depot was closed when the new union station opened in 1933. 
Cincinnati
A new passenger station was built by the PCC&St.L in 1881 to the northwest of the the old Front Street station which was converted into a freight house as part of a three-freight house complex to the east of the new passenger station. By this time Little Miami has become part of the PCC&St.L. Specifically, the passenger station in this complex was on the corner of Pearl (now Pete Rose Way) and Butler Streets. The Panhandle Station also served the L&N, N&W, C&MV and the Grand Rapids & Indiana RR. This station was in service until 1933 when the new Union Terminal opened.
Cincinnati The Carrel Street passenger station was on the north side of Carrel Street, just east of Dumont. It sat between the tracks with a platform extending north along both lines (PCC&St.L and CG&P). It was also used by the CG&P. There was a CG&P turntable, roundhouse and repair shop just to the SW of the station.
Cincinnati This freighthouse was to the NE of the PCC&St.L passenger station (it is in the background of the photo). It was on the west side of Front Street.
Cincinnati There was a freight house on Smith Street near the corner of West 2nd and Rose Streets. These streets no longer intersect at that location which is under the I-75 overpass. This station was known as the Panhandle Smith Street Freight Station. It opened in June 1888.
Cincinnati
This is the Court Street freight house. It was built in 1925 and torn down in the late 1960s or early 1970s. A Greyhound bus station has occupied the site since.
Cincinnati The L&N's freighthouse was on the southeast side of Front street, just to the northeast of the PCC&St.L freight station listed above. It was just east of the L&N bridge over the river.
Cincinnati The NYP&O freight house was next to (north of) the PCC&St.L freighthouse on the west side of Front Street.
Cincinnati
(Rendcomb JCT.)
This station was on the east side of Eastern Avenue about 400 feet north of Heekin Avenue.
Cincinnati The old Central Union Terminal sat at the corner of Central Ave. and West 3rd Street (area is now a parking lot for Paul Brown Stadium). It was built in 1883 (opened on July 31, 1884) by the Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Saint Louis and Chicago Railroad (later part of the Big Four) and throughout its lifetime served the following railroads: CW&B (B&O), O&M (B&O), CCC&I (Big Four, NYC), C&O, Kentucky Central (L&N), Cincinnati Southern (CNO&TP, Southern), Cincinnati Northern, Illinois Central, Lake Erie & Western, and the Erie RR. It remained in service until March, 1933 when the new station opened.
Cincinnati
AND
This freight house served the CW&B at Central Union Terminal and was just SW of the terminal on the north side of West 2nd between Smith and Mills Streets. Later the B&O built another freight house here directly across the tracks to the south of the CW&B freight house listed above. Both the old wooden freight station and the newer brick station can be seen in the photo.
Cincinnati A freight house served the CCC&I and CRR at Central Union Terminal. There was an inbound and outbound freight house connected by a headhouse/office. It was next to Central Union Terminal to the south with the headhouse at the corner of Central and South Pearl Streets. It extended along South Pearl one block west to Smith Street. It was originally built in 1863-64 to serve the Plum Street station and most likely saw additions in the run up to the building of Central Union Terminal.
Cincinnati In 1887 there was a CCC&I freight house on the north side of Front Street between Mill and Wood Streets (later renamed Baymiller St.) (across the street from the O&M stations at that time).
Cincinnati
AND

AND
In 1887 there was a CCC&I/LE&W shared freight station on the south side of 3rd Street between Mill and Wood Streets (later renamed Baymiller St.). This was directly across the tracks from the station listed above. The 1891 map shows the east 1/3 of this building occupied by the CJ&M.
Cincinnati
The frieght house for this RR was on the west side of McLean Avenue between Hopkins and Kenner Streets.
Cincinnati
(union Stockyard)

AND
There was a station on the south side of Hopple Street west of Spring Grove Avenue (where the Hopple Street overpass is now). The station was on the east side of the tracks adjacent to the sheep sheds. The map from 1904 does not indicate which RR owned the station, so it may have been B&O, CCC&St.L or both.
Clare Clare was between Red Bank and Ancor and was the junction of the Hyde Park Branch.
Clare  
Cleves This station, which sat on the south side of West State Road (US 50) about a block to the west of South Miami Ave., was used as an antique store called the "Coal Hole" then sold to someone selling fruits. When the fruit seller wanted to expand his business the building wouldn't pass inspection for selling meat, etc. So it was sawed in half- front to back- and all the equipment inside was moved to one side and the other side torn down and rebuilt, with a cinder block foundation for a wider building. Then the equipment inside the other original half was moved to the new half and the old half was torn down. After this store went out of business it was sold to the "Dental Depot" which added the bay window- on the parking lot side- and the platform - again on the parking lot side. The track side of the building is all cinder block. So the "station" that exists in Cleves today is a fake station. It is only built on the site of the old depot. --Bob Deffinger
Columbia  
Cumminsville This station was at the south end of Langland Avenue on the north side of the tracks.
Crescentville  
Crestvue  
Deer Park This large, two-story station was on the corner of Blue Ash Road and Webster Avenue. It was on the west side of the tracks. This site is now the parking lot for Barresi's Italian-American Restaurant.
Delhi  
Delhi  
East Cumminsville This station was on the south bank of Mill Creek on the north side of the tracks. In the photo the creek would have been directly behind the station which has a two-story stationmaster dwelling attached. It was across the creek and approximately 300-500 yards from the intersection of Spring Grove Avenue and Dane Avenue. This area is now beteen I-75 and Mill Creek and is inacessible by any streets.
Edgemont  
Elizabethtown This station was on the west side of Geist Rd. (Lawrenceburg Rd.) on the north side of the tracks.
Elmwood Place The station was on the NW side of McGregor on the SW side of Center Hill (Township Avenue). The station was on the SE side of the tracks.
Elmwood Place  
Euclid  
Evendale  
Fairmount The C&W was a short, narrow-gauge steam line that began in 1874 primarily to serve Westwood. It converted to standard gauge in 1891, ended service in 1924, and was mostly torn up by 1941.
Fernald Fernald was located on the Cinci-Chicago line between Chevoit and Shandon. Chessie System abandoned this part of the line (between Cinci and Fernald)  in 1978.
Fernbank Fernbank is now part of Cincinnati. It was located northwest of Saylor Park and Delhi. The station was on River Road at Catalpa Road.
Fernbank This station was on River Road at Revere Avenue. It served as a freight station after passenger service to Fernbank ended.
Forestville  
Glendale The original frame station here burned in 1879 and the new station was constructed at the same site (Greenville Avenue at Village Square).
Glenmore


This station was on the west side of Glenmore Avenue about halfway between Daytona and Broadwell Avenues. The C&W was a short, narrow-gauge steam line that began in 1874 primarily to serve Westwood. It converted to standard gauge in 1891, ended service in 1924, and was mostly torn up by 1941.
Grainthorpe  
Griffith  
Harrison This station was on the south side of Broadway Street at the intersection of Railroad Avenue. It was on the west side of the tracks. It may have been built by the White Water RR (pre-CCC&St.L).
Hartwell  
Hartwell  
Hazlewood
(Rowena)
The name of this station was changed from Rowena to Hazlewood in 1881.
Home City
(SAyler Park)
This station was located at Monitor Avenue and River Road (U.S. 50).
Hunt's Grove  
Hyde Park  
Idlewild  
Idlewild Idlewild is now part of Cincinnati. It was located just south of Norwood. Another photo with engines lined up.
Idlewild Freight station.
Ivorydale This station was just outside the gates of Proctor & Gamble.
Ivorydale  
Kennedy  
Lester  
Linwood A new station was built here in 1859.
Linwood This station was on the north side of Beechmont Avenue, on the east side of the tracks. The first station here was built in 1859.
Lockland During the 1937 flood when the new Cinci Union Terminal (Jan 1937) was flooded, all service on NYC originated from Lockland destined to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and New York. Burned down in 1961. The station was located on the south side of Dunn Street, on the west side of the tracks.
Lockland This station was located between Worthington and Wyoming Streets on the west side of the tracks.
Longview  
Lyndchester  
Madisonville This station was on the corner of Peabody Street and Orlando Place. It was on the north side of the tracks. It was gone by 1917.
Madisonville This station was on the south side of Madison Road, just west of Stafford Street. It replaced the station listed above.
Madisonville  
Maplewood  
MAPLEWOOD  
Mc Cullough's  
Miami Miami was a station on the CC&L, the Chicago, Cincinnati, & Louisville, which began service from Cincinnati to Chicago on April 7, 1907. On June 23, 1910, after more than two years in receivership, the CC&L was sold to the C&O, and the line was separately incorporated, effective July 2, 1910, as the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co. of Indiana. The line was transferred on Oct. 1, 1934, from the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co. of Indiana to its parent company, the Chesapeake & Ohio. On July 17, 1978 the tracks were severed east of Brighton (near downtown Cincinnati. The line was run from end-of-track in Brighton, through Cheviot (formerly Summit, west of Cincinnati) and Fernald (near the Butler County line), through Cottage Grove, to Richmond, IN. Virtually the entire line was torn out during the 1980s, and today only the remnant between Fernald and Cottage Grove (an interchange with the former B&O) is in operation. The Miami station was taken out of service many years ago, and was moved to a farmer´┐Żs field just west of its location along the railroad next to U.S. 52. Sometime around 1969-1971, the station caught fire and was totally destroyed. --Mike Brestel
Milford  
Montgomery This station was 1/2 block north of Cooper Avenue west of State Street. The trains backed up to the station here as it was near the end of two spur tracks.
Mount Saint Joseph  
Newtown  
North Bend Although the photo implies that this station was on Cliff Road, the Sanborn Fire Map of 1938 shows the station actually sat on the north side Brower Road on the west side of the tracks.
Norwood This was the first B&O station at Norwood. It was at Foraker and Station Avenues.
Norwood
(E. Norwood)
This passenger station which was later GK tower was on the west side of Forest Avenue south of Harris Avenue behind Zubiel Box Factroy and was built in 1873. The station was in the eastern quadrant of the B&O/CL&N diamond. The remaining part of the station (GK tower) was burned by vandals in late May 2000. There was a freight station across the tracks to the south.
Norwood There was a freight station at Smith and Montgomery Streets.
Norwood Park
(Smith Road)
This station was located at the corner of Smith Road and Lafayette Avenue approximately where the Surrey Square strip mall sign is today. There was also freight station here, about 100 yards north of the passenger station on a siding that ended at Smith Road and Sherman Avenue. 

There were four CL&N stations in the Norwood area. They were, from south to north, Ivanhoe, Hopkins Avenue (still standing), Norwood Park (this listing) and East Norwood.
Norwood
(EAST NORWOOD)
This station was on Froest Avenue just south of Harris Avenue. It was just to the north of the B&O station. Both stations were in the east quadrant of the diamond, with the B&O being closer to the actual diamond and the CL&N station being aabout 50 feet to the north.
Norwood
(Ivanhoe)
 
Norwood The freight station was at 1945 Lexington Avenue.
Norwood Heights  
Oakley Built in 1871, this station was at 3224 Enyart Avenue (GPS: 39.156001, -84.426803). Passenger service ended in 1971 and it served as a recycling business until 2008. It was the last suburban station to have a stop during passenger service. It was demolished on July 11, 2013.
Oakley The freight station was across the tracks to the northeast of the passenger station on Forrer Street. There is a parking lot at this site now.
Park Place This station sat between the tracks and Mill Creek. A bridge spanning the creek allowed passengers to access the station from the Park Place development.
Plainville This combination station/post office was south off Wooster Pike at Walton Creek Road (formerly Miami Street). 
Pleasant Ridge  
Reading This station was on the north side of East Vine Street on the west side of the tracks.
Remington  
Rensselaer  
Rossmoyne  
Sedamsville  
Sharonville This station was on the east side of Reading Road (Main Street) directly across from the end of Hageman Street. It was on the east side of the tracks behind a farm implement dealer (now gone). As of 2010 there was a mobile home on the site of the station.
Silverton This station was on Montgomery Avenue between Highland Avenue and Parkview Lane. It was on the NW side of the tracks. There is now a replica station there on the SE side of the tracks.
Simonson  
South hartwell  
Terra Alta  
Terrace Park This station was on the east side of Elm Avenue. It was on the NW side of the tracks.
Trautman  
Tusculum This station was on the north side of Congress Avenue near the intersection with Eastern Avenue. The station was on the west side of the tracks. Congress Avenue no longer is a through street here so it no longer intersects with Eastern. The area where the station was is now a wooded lot at the end of Congress and Stacon Streets.
Valley Junction  
Westwood
The C&W was a short, narrow-gauge steam line that began in 1874 primarily to serve Westwood. It converted to standard gauge in 1891, ended service in 1924, and was mostly torn up by 1941.
White Water Park  
Winslow Park  
Winton Place  
Wyoming This station was at the end of Poplar Avenue just east of Crescent Street.
1898 HAMILTON COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Cincinnati (Union Station) - Also used by Amtrak. On National Register of Historic Places.

Cincinnati (Southern) - The tracks leading to the station are gone but the yard behind the station is still active. JW Express Inc. owns it. This was known as the L&N's Brighton Freight Station.

Cincinnati (B&O) - On NRHP. The building is now known as "Longworth Hall" and has artists' offices, restaurants, and sales offices as occupants. Interior has been extensively remodeled, but exterior (except for entrance doors) has remained nearly original.

Cincinnati (CCC&St.L) - Houses Flatlow-Riley Co.,  produce distributor

Elmwood Place (CCC&St.L) - Moved in the 1960s to Cordes Lumber Yard in Carthage.

Glendale (CH&D) - Built in 1880 after original station burned. This station has been restored. Here is an  old photo.

Milford (Little Miami, later PCC&St.L) - This station may or may not be the original Little Miami RR station (there is no reason to doubt that it is), but it does sit on the original foundation and this is marked as the original location of that station on maps. The PCC&St.L also had a freight station at this location a few yards to the south, but it was gone by 1933.

Mt. Washington (CG&P) - American Legion Post #484. The station replaced a wooden structure when the railroad electrified the route in 1902. Steam, and electrics used the line together until 1915. After a wreck east of Amelia, steam was not allowed on the route any more. It remained electric until the line's demise in 1936. The Cincinnati Water Works used the first 2 miles of the line until the early 30s, then sold the last of the line for scrap. 

Norwood (CL&N) - This was also known as the Hopkins Avenue Station. Before this station was erected there was only an open platform here.

Silverton (Replica) - This is a replica of an original CL&N structure.

Winton Place (CH&D) - Moved. Now has a sign "Chester Park" on it. The original location of this station was on Station Avenue in Winton Place.

Woodlawn (CH&D) - Moved about 300 feet from trackside in the 1950s. It was originally on the south side of the road on the east side of the tracks. Has a small addition to the rear of the building.