|Brice||919 Old Henderson Road, Columbus||C||Business||1880||In Use||Wood|
|Columbus||379 West Broad Street||P||Civic||1895||In Use||Brick|
|Columbus||5th Ave. and Hamilton Ave. SE corner of Columbus airport property.||P||Office||1929||In Use||Brick|
|Canal Winchester||96 N. High St. near Oak St.||P||Civic||1894||In Use||Wood|
|Flint||525 Park Road||P||Residence||1875||None||Wood|
|Grove City||3950 Front Street at Park Street||C||Civic||????||In Use||Wood|
|Hilliard||Fairgrounds/Hist. Village. Off Main Street||P||Civic||1899||None||Wood|
|Marble Cliff||2057 Dublin Road
Golf Village at Central Park, on Science Boulevar/Tech Center Drive in
Gahanna, Franklin County.
|Worthington||Ohio RR Museum, 990 Proprietors Road
(GPS: 40.093183, -83.003410)
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|Arlington Place||This station was on the west side of the Scioto River. It was closed sometime before 1930.|
|Avenue||This station was between Columbus and Galloway. It was 6.7 miles from Columbus Union Station and 3.4 miles from Galloway.|
||Tower and station that served the T&OC and N&W. Torn down in the early 1930s.|
|Columbus||This was the first station in Columbus. It was built in 1850 and demolished in 1875 and sat on North High Street at Naghten Street. See Gary Schaal's web site for more details on Columbus' Union Stations. The station was built by the Columbus & Xenia RR (later part of the PRR) and the Cleveland, Columbus & Cincinnati RR (later part of the Big 4). In 1854 the Central Ohio RR (later part of the B&O) was added as a tennant. In 1856 the Piqua RR was added.|
|Columbus||Station was built by the Big 4 and Panhandle. It was active between 1875-1897.|
|Columbus||Station served B&O, CCC&StL (NYC), HV (C&O), N&W, and PRR. It was built in 1897 and demolished in 1976.|
|Columbus||A 300-foot brick freight station was built here in 1888 (according to the B&O Annual Report of that year). This station was at Naghten and 3rd Streets. It was demolished in the 1950s to make way for the 3rd Street viaduct.|
|Columbus||A freight house was constructed here in 1905 with inbound and outbound houses that were 533' long.|
|Columbus||Following the demolition of Union Station in 1976, Amtrak used a pole barn-type metal building. This "Amshack" was about 1/2 mile from the old Union Station site.|
|Columbus||This frame freight house sat on Mt. Vernon Avenue and 5th Street. Originally it was the CS&H Freight House, built by the Columbus and Eastern in 1864; in later years the same building became the N&W outgoing Freight House. It was called the Mt. Vernon Freight House.|
|Columbus||This freight house was on Neilston Street at Mt. Vernon Avenue. It was 22,000 square feet, made of brick and was out of service by 1934. It was known as the Neilston Street Freight House.|
|Columbus||This station was south of Mound Street. The location today is just south of, or under, the I-70/71 overpass near the SW end of Mound Street.|
(East N. Broadway)
|Columbus||This freight house was on Maple Street.|
|Columbus||This freight house was on South High Street and was known as the South Columus Freight House.|
|Columbus||This freight house was on Naghten and 4th Streets.|
|Columbus||There was a 48,000 square foot brick freight house on North High Street.|
|Columbus||This smaller frame freight house was known as the NYC South Columbus freight house.|
|Columbus||There was a T&OC freight house on the north side of West Broad Street at GPS: 39.961495, -83.010637.|
|There was a passenger station on 5th Avenue.|
|There was a station at the state fairgrounds.|
|Can anyone tell me where this station was?|
|Columbus||Can anyone tell me which RR this belonged to and where it was? The photos are from 1966.|
|Flint||Was this a CS&H (Columbus, Sandusky & Hocking) or CCC&St.L station?|
|Galloway||This station was located on the west side of South Main Street just past South High Street.|
|Groveport||This station was off Front Street on the south side of the tracks. It was built around 1900 and torn down in the late 1950s.|
|Linworth||The original station was built in 1876 and replaced with a new station in 1895. The station sat on Dublin-Granville Rd. (SR 161) on the west side of the tracks.|
|SOUTH COLUMBUS||There was also a freight station here.|
|Station served both the N&W and CHV&T. Nearby tower closed in the early 1960s.|
|Westerville||This station was on the west side of the tracks at the end of East Home Street (two blocks east of Vine Street) (GPS: 40.127474,-82.927031). It was torn down in the 1970s.|
|Worthington||This station was on the north side of East Dublin-Granville Road (SR-161) on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.088848,-83.001867).|
|Worthington||This station was on the north side of East Dublin-Granville Road (SR-161) on the west side of the tracks (GPS: 40.088546,-83.002648). It was only about 250" SW of the Big 4 depot. Both stations were listed on the 1922 map, but gone by 1929. There was also a PRR freight house here as well.|
|1898 FRANKLIN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Brice (T&OC) - See more info and photos here. Station was originally moved across the tracks and was a pizza shop for a few years. In 2001 it was moved again to Old Henderson Rd. It is now a conference center.
Columbus (T&OC ) - On National Register of Historic Places. Track elevation project took place in 1911. Station was used for passenger service until 1930 when the NYC transferred operations to Columbus Union Station. From 1930 to 2003, the station was occupied by the Central Ohio Volunteers of America. The station has been through a flood (1913) and two fires (1910, 1975), being renovated each time. It was placed on the NRHP in 1973. Bill Hall reports in 2007 that the station has been purchased by Columbus Fire Dept firefighters IAFF Local 67 to be the union hall and offices. Major renovation and new addition underway.
Columbus (PRR) - Although not a railroad building, the PRR stopped at the original Columbus Airport Terminal building. A covered walkway connected the platforms to the terminal. This was the first transfer point for transcontinental service using a combination of railroads and airplanes. Passengers were brought from New York City to the Columbus terminal via the PRR, then flown on a plane to Waynoka, Oklahoma where they boarded the Santa Fe railroad for a trip to Clovis, New Mexico for a final airplane leg to Los Angeles. The entire trip took just 48 hours. The first of such trips took place on July 7-8, 1929.
Canal Winchester (CHV&T) - Chamber of Commerce On National Register of Historic Places.
Flint (CCC&St.L) - Moved from original site in 1930s.
Grove City (B&O) - Home of the SW Franklin County Historical Society.
Hilliard (PRR) - Moved. Caboose on site. The original location of this station was on N. Center St. between Wayne and Main. Prior to this station being built, from 1895-1899, three boxcars were joined to form a makeshift station.
Marble Cliff (PCC&St.L) - Moved about 3/4 mile from original location at the SW corner of railroad crossing with West Fifth Avenue. The station was moved to its current location in 1930.
Prospect (CHV&T) - This station is now at its third location. The original location was on Railroad Street between Water Street and Park Avenue in Prospect, Marion County. This station was located on the west side of the tracks (built across the tracks from the original Prospect CHV&T frame station). It was then moved one mile from original location in 1978 to the north side of West Center Street between Park Boulevard and Davids Street (actual address was 300 Market Street) in Prospect (GPS: 40.589439,-83.1408). It served as a restaurant until that closed in 2008. It was moved to its current location in Gahanna in April 2011.
Worthington (Replica) - This is a replica of the Worthington PCC&St.L station which was located about a half mile from the museum.