|Andover||Antique Engine Club Show Grounds on US-322 just east of Wick (SR-193)||P||Club||1873||None||Wood|
|Andover||Antique Engine Club Show Grounds on US-322 just east of Wick (SR-193)||F||Club||????||None||Wood|
|Ashtabula||West 32nd Street between Lake Avenue and Station Avenue
|Ashtabula||West 32nd Street between Lake Avenue and Station Avenue
(GPS: 41.875728, -80.793046)
|Ashtabula||West 30th Street
|Conneaut||Depot Street at Sandusky Street
East Side of Mill Street across tracks from passenger station.
|East Orwell||SR-46, 1 mile south of US-6||C||Private||1874||Gone||Wood|
|Geneva||99 Woodlawn Street||P||Private||1886||In Use||Wood|
|Jefferson||147 East Jefferson Street
(GPS: 41.739374, -80.761860)
|Leon||North side of Leon Road just east of Stanhope-Kellogsville Road
(GPS: 41.654157, -80.610772)
|North Kingsville||North of Lake Road about 1/2 mile west of Burrington Road between North Kingsville and Conneaut||P||Private||????||None||Wood|
|Saybrook||8050 Depot Road||P||Private||1882||In Use||Wood|
|Simons||NW corner of US-322 & Pymatuning
(GPS: 41.533469, -80.533640)
|STATIONS OF THE PAST|
|According to the 1894 map, this station was on the southeast side of the tracks on the north side of Gore Road. It was on the property of H. H. Hopkins.|
|Ashtabula||Located on West 31st Street, this was the original LS&MS passenger/freight station in Ashtabula. After the brick depot was constructed across the tracks, this served as the freight station from 1901 on into NYC days.|
||The original PY&A station here was a two-story building with division
offices on the top.
According to Sanborn maps, the PY&A had a 2-story station here until around 1898 when the maps show a 1-story station in exactly the same location. See this 1889 map and this 1898 map of that location.
A freight station was built in 1898 here on a spur to the south west of where the passenger station was. That freight station would have had frontage on Fisk Avenue (now W. 48th Street).
|Ashtabula||This station was likely built in 1898. Although the address of this station was 753 West 48th Street, it was known as the Center Street PRR station. Both the PRR and LS&MS crossed Center St. at this location. A wreck occurred here between a northbound LS&MS train and a trolley car killing eight on Dec. 16 at 7:50 p.m. in 1912. A subway was constructed in 1926 and passengers could access the PRR station via a stairway from below the tracks. The freight office and supervisor's office were both listed for this location in the 1931 city directory. In 1931 the Freight Agent was John Clark and Supervisor was Todd Hofmeister. Photo is from 1924.|
|Ashtabula||This station was on the west side of Main Avenue. Torn down in 1978.|
|Ashtabula||The main NKP freight house was on the north side of the tracks on the east side of Elm Street near the intersection with 48th Street. There is a vacant lot there now (2009).|
|Ashtabula Harbor||County maps from 1874 show a station here located on the north side of the river between Second and Third Streets. Today, this location would be on the south side of SR 534 between Ferry Drive and East 4th Street. The station was probably gone by the late 1800s.|
|The PRR had a freight station on the east side of E. 4th Street. This station can be seen on maps from 1931. It was located at GPS: 41.901079,-80.795045.|
|Ashtabula harbor||County maps from 1874 show a station here located due south of the west end of the drawbridge at the intersection of Railroad, Arch and Water Streets. The station was on the west side of the tracks. Today, this location would be near the intersection of Henry Street and Marina Drive. The station was gone by the late 1800s.|
|Carson||Built around 1903.|
|Conneaut||This station was on Liberty Street at the bottom of the hill. Torn down in March, 1935.|
|Conneaut||The passenger station was on the north side of Jefferson Street between Mill and Sandusky Streets. It was on the south side of the tracks (GPS: 41.945918,-80.55945). Early maps show there was an adjacent hotel with a dining room and saloon on the west side of the depot called the "Nickel Plate Dining Station." Later maps don't show a hotel at the location, but still show the dining room and saloon.|
|Conneaut||The freight station was on the west side of Mill Street north of the tracks (GPS: 41.94603,-80.560609). Across the tracks to the south was a two story trainmaster/dispatcher's office.|
|Dorset||This station was located on Depot Street. Built in 1872.|
|Eagleville||This Pittsburgh, Youngstown & Ashtabula (later PRR) station was off Eagleville Road.|
|Geneva||This station was built in 1901 and demolished in 1967. It sat on Depot Street west of North Broadway. There was a freight station on the north side of the tracks. A bridge connected the freight station with the Champion Hardware Company to the north.|
|Geneva||The passenger station was on the east side of South Broadway near the intersection of Liberty St. There was an NKP freight station on the north side of Leslie between Sherman and Broadway.|
|New Lyme Station||This station was on the south side of Dodgeville Road, on the west side of the tracks. There was a station here as early as 1874, perhaps earlier.|
|Rock Creek||The station was on the north side of Grove Street (later Station Street), on the west side of the tracks. There was a station here as early as 1874, perhaps earlier.|
|Rome||This station was on the north side of US 6, on the east side of the tracks. There was a station here as early as 1874, perhaps earlier.|
|The first station here, according to 1874 maps was on the south side of the tracks at the intersection of Depot and New London Roads.|
|West Williamsfield||The 1874 map indicates there was a depot here while this line was still called the Mahoning Coal Railroad. The RR line has been moved to the west, but Depot Street still exists here and the station was on the north side of the street on the west side of the tracks (which were just west of Mill Street).|
|1898 ASHTABULA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP|
Notes About Existing Stations...
Ashtabula (LS&MS) - The old freight house used to sit directly across the tracks. There may have been another passenger station at this site as maps from 1893 also show a station here. The building is now used as storage for CSX.
Ashtabula (PRR) - This building sits near the old PRR roundhouse and served the PY&A line that ran south out of Ashtabula Harbor and on to Youngstown. Not sure if this station pre-dates or post-dates the main PRR depot which sat at Center Street (that station is now gone). The building has been resided with aluminum, but its general shape has not changed. The PRR "Ashtabula" station sign was attached to the chimney when the station was in service.
Conneaut (NYC) - On National Register of Historic Places. This replaced an earlier wood depot.
East Orwell (PY&A) - This station sits in a farm field. It was built by the PY&A before it became part of the PRR. The original location was the west side of the tracks south of US 322. On the 1880 Ashtabula & Pittsburgh timetable, the station is listed as "Inland."
Geneva (LS&MS) - Moved from trackside on Depot Street in 1901 to make room for new LS&MS (NYC) station (which is now gone).
Griggs (LS&MS) - NE corner of X-ing, this flagstop station is now part of a house. The station was the two story portion of the present look. The station agent lived upstairs and the first floor was the station office and waiting room.
Jefferson (LS&MS) - On National Register of Historic Places. Closed by the NYC in 1961. Ashtabula, Carson & Jefferson (AC&J) excursion trains depart from here now. Several other historic buildings nearby.
Leon (LS&MS) - Moved. Raised on a concrete foundation, now a barn. The original location of this building was on the SE corner of Leon Square on the east side of the tracks.
North Kingsville (LS&MS) - This depot is considerably NE of original location. Moved around 1950. Now used as a cottage.
Saybrook (NKP) - Moved from tracks in 1950, moved again in 1985.
Simons (LS&MS) - At Buckeye State Farms. Moved. The railroad closed the station in the early 1930s.