WASECA COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
waseca Between State Street and 2nd Street SW C 1912 Railroad In Use Brick  
waseca South side of Elm Avenue (US-14) between 2nd and 4th Streets SW (where 3rd Street used to be). C 1912 Vacant Gone Brick  
waseca 2nd Avenue SW, just south of the passenger station. F ???? Storage Gone Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Janesville This was the first station on the east side of Main Street.
janesville This was the second station at the same location as the station listed above.
Maplewood Park There was a spur off the mainline that ran north to Maplewood Park on Clear Lake.
Matawan  
New Richland This station was on the north side of 1st Street NW (Formerly Welles Street).
Otisco This station was on the south side of 290th Avenue, on the east side of the tracks.
Palmer This station was on the south side of CR-22 (410th Street) at the extreme SE corner of town. This town is now essentially gone.
Smith Mill The station and old post office were either in the same building or right next to each other (according to the 1937 map).
Waldorf This station was on the west side of Main Street, on the SW side of the tracks.
Waseca
AND
There was a union depot here that sat in the NE corner of the diamond where the two RRs crossed between 2d and 4th Streets. It burned in 1912 and the railroads then constructed separate stations.
Waseca There was a freight station here that was built in 1895. It was on the west side of 2nd Street.
1898 WASECA COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

XXX (XX&X) - Text of the note goes here.