REDWOOD COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
belview North Main Street C 1892 Museum Gone Wood
lamberton Moved to a junkyard at the corner of South Ilex Street and 120th Street. This is in the SW corner of town. C 1878 Storage None Wood  
lucan 406 1st Street C ???? Museum Gone Wood  
morgan NW of Delhi, on a farm on Impala Avenue about 1/2 mile north of 390th Street (off County Highway 6). C ???? Private None Wood  
North
redwood
In an alley that runs between Front and Coon Streets (west of Center Street).
(GPS: 44.563547,-95.09372)
F ???? Garage None Wood  
revere Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Walnut Grove. C 1898 Museum None Wood
walnut grove 2284 260th Street (County Road 42)
(GPS: 44.179003, -95.542517)
C 1878 Storage None Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Clements Built in 1902.
Delhi  
Gilfillan  
Milroy Built in 1902.
Morgan This station was either an earlier combimnation station, freight station, or both.
north redwood The passenger section was bought and moved by the Redwood County Historical Society to their property west of Redwood Falls. Stories vary but the best is that someone tried to remove a wasps nest with a propane torch and that part of the station burned down. The freight section is still standing (see listing above).
Redwood Falls The first station was built here in 1892.
Redwood Falls The second station was built here in 1915.
Rowena The first station here (and maybe the only one) was a boxcar with additions.
Sanborn Built in 1899.
Seaforth Built in 1900.
Vesta Built in 1900.
Wabasso Built in 1900.
Wanda Built in 1900.
Wayburne Built in 1900.
1898 REDWOOD COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Belview (M&St.L) - Restored and opened as a museum in 1976. On NRHP in 1980.

Walnut Grove (C&NW) - The station is divided in half. The passenger section is part of barn at the NE end of the farmstead while the freight section is part of a barn at south end of farmstead flanking CR 42. Not really recognizable except by the roof lines and interior construction.