BROWN COUNTY

Untitled 1

     

EXISTING STATIONS
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Current
Location
Type Date
Built
Current
Use
Track
Status
Building
Material
More
Info
New Ulm SW side of South Valley Street at 2nd Street South. P 1895 Railroad In Use Stone  
Sleepy Eye 100 Oak Street NW P 1902 Museum In Use Brick  
Sleepy Eye 1 Block east of passenger station. C 1887 Business In Use Wood
STATIONS OF THE PAST
Station
Name
Original
Railroad
Notes
Cobden Built in 1889, the depot was on the east side of Center Street on the south side of the tracks (near the bend in Center Street today).
Comfrey This station was on Railroad Street just NW of Brown Street. It was built in 1905.
Essig This station, built in 1896, was located just west of Main street on a siding to the north of the main track.
Evan The depot was on Hanson Street near Park Avenue. It was built in 1891.
Hanska This station was on the east side of Railroad Avenue between Main (now gone) and 1st Streets. Today this location is south of 1st Street. It was between the main line and a siding.
New Ulm This station was on the NE side of North German Street at 2nd Street North. This area was part of North German Park.
New Ulm  The first station here was built around 1873 for the Winona, St. Peter & New Ulm Railroad and sat at the same location as the existing C&NW depot. The freight station was on the SW side of South Valley Street between 4th and 5th Streets South. This area was part of South German Park.
Searles  
Springfield The original Winona & St. Peter RR station was on the east side of Cass Street, just south of Central Street. It was on the north side of the tracks.
Springfield  This brick station was erected here by the C&NW in 1916.
Springfield A later metal shed depot.
1898 BROWN COUNTY RAILROAD MAP
Notes About Existing Stations...

Sleepy Eye (C&NW) - This was the second station built in Sleepy Eye. The first Winona & St. Peter RR station was built around 1872 when the RR first reached town, and burned down in January, 1887. This was built as a replacement later that same year in June. When the new CNW brick station was built in 1902, this station was relegated to freight-only service.